Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Wireless surround speakers

Best Answer schan1269 , July 21 2013 - 05:38 PM

Aperion Intimus 4t Go to the full post

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 txakura

txakura

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted July 21 2013 - 04:03 PM

When I (finally) had all the pieces of my home theater, and set it up, I was in the middle of a remodel.  I had open walls, and put in all the cabling (16-gauge zip cord) I needed, and right to the places I wanted the speakers (5.1 back then).  I'm about to relocate, and I don't have the luxury of open walls this time.  Way, way back I was a telephone company installer, and back then, we were expected to crawl under houses where possible to make "invisible" installations - not true at all now.  I'm afraid I'm just not willing to go to those extremes for my speakers, and I keep hoping there is now a way to take advantage of wireless technology to set up four speakers (in a 7.1 array) without having to cable at all.

Does anyone know of anything close?

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 of 3 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,893 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted July 21 2013 - 05:38 PM   Best Answer

Aperion Intimus 4t
  • txakura likes this

#3 of 3 txakura

txakura

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 09:12 AM

The reference was right on.  I've decided to go with the Aperion Allaire Zonas (in a 5.1 configuration because you can't use multiple sets of Zonas at anything more than "enhanced 5.1").  But that solves the problem quite nicely, and I figure sooner or later there will be the possibility of another set of Zonas that will work in a 7.1.

Thanks for the reference.  I figured it would be simple to ask for "wireless surround speakers" on Google and find what I was looking for, but I never found the Aperions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users