-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A question about Shout! Factory's Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs...

Shout Factory

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,655 posts

Posted July 20 2013 - 07:30 AM

I don't have a Blu-Ray player yet. I'm intrigued by a lot of Shout! Factory's titles, but I noticed that most of them come in combo pack form, with a Blu-Ray and a DVD. My question is: Are the extras on the Blu-Ray discs also on the DVDs? Shout! Factory is one of the few major studios to still do extras for catalog titles, but the extras are all advertised as being on Blu-Ray. Is it like Disney, where their combo packs have the bulk of the extras on the Blu-Ray, or is it all on both discs?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I know I should probably own a Blu-Ray player by now, but I would like to know anyway.

Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#2 of 5 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,693 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 20 2013 - 08:10 AM

I have a good number of the releases in their Scream Factory line and the DVDs have all the same special features that the Blu-rays have. As a smaller company, I think they try to cater to the customer.

#3 of 5 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,322 posts

Posted July 20 2013 - 08:13 AM

John,

Two strikes against you...

One, not having a Blu-ray player.  Good God, Man,

what are you waiting for?

Second...for me looking at your avatar first, thinking

you were the person in the photo, and then seeing your

name second. If you were her, it would have been a boost

to morale around here.   :D

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 5 John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,655 posts

Posted July 20 2013 - 05:04 PM

John,

Two strikes against you...

One, not having a Blu-ray player.  Good God, Man,

what are you waiting for?

Second...for me looking at your avatar first, thinking

you were the person in the photo, and then seeing your

name second. If you were her, it would have been a boost

to morale around here.   :D

Well, the reason I don't have a Blu-Ray player yet is because even the cheap ones would take out half of my paycheck, and I have bills to pay. Maybe I might get one when I get my next bonus from work.

As for my avatar, I tend to have pictures of women as avatars on the various websites I contribute to. I've been meaning to change my avatar for a while now.

Anyway, I am somewhat behind the times, but then again, I'm the same person who had a VCR well into the 00s alongside a DVD player.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I'm glad to have some clearing up regarding the combo packs.

Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#5 of 5 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,322 posts

Posted July 20 2013 - 11:05 PM

John,

You will get there soon enough.  Good you are at least

purchasing combo packs in anticipation of eventually

moving to the format.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shout Factory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users