-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Xbox 360 remains the highest selling console in the USA

Xbox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

• 1,962 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted July 19 2013 - 09:03 PM

Even with the announcement of XBox One, XBox 360 maintains the number one position in the USA for 30 consecutive months.  Note, this is USA ONLY, not WW. 

According to Microsoft, the Xbox 360 has maintained its position as the top US console last month selling over 140,000 units. The company states that the Xbox 360 platform (hardware, software, and accessories) brought in over $197 million dollars in June.

Usually when a new console is announced, sales of the incumbent start to trail off.  What we don't know is XBox 360 M/M sales declining in tangent with PS3 because of the new consoles coming out from both companies or is XBox 360 M/M and Y/Y sales increasing?  If the news of the two new console's is causing both to decline at a similar pace, then is "big" news that XBox is still #1 in the US?

How long do you think Xbox 360 will remain the top console?  Will the Xbox One replace it or will it be beaten down by Sony’s PlayStation 4?

Kevin Collins
To View My HD Collection Click Here

#2 of 3 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted July 21 2013 - 05:22 AM

Even with the announcement of XBox One, XBox 360 maintains the number one position in the USA for 30 consecutive months.  Note, this is USA ONLY, not WW. 

According to Microsoft, the Xbox 360 has maintained its position as the top US console last month selling over 140,000 units. The company states that the Xbox 360 platform (hardware, software, and accessories) brought in over $197 million dollars in June.

Usually when a new console is announced, sales of the incumbent start to trail off.  What we don't know is XBox 360 M/M sales declining in tangent with PS3 because of the new consoles coming out from both companies or is XBox 360 M/M and Y/Y sales increasing?  If the news of the two new console's is causing both to decline at a similar pace, then is "big" news that XBox is still #1 in the US?

How long do you think Xbox 360 will remain the top console?  Will the Xbox One replace it or will it be beaten down by Sony’s PlayStation 4?

I'm just not sure how this is shocking.   With what's available currently... I mean, PS4 and XBOX1 not shipping yet.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

What I find even more interesting is that globally the XBOX still can't gain headway; and the WiiU is just getting killed in all markets.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#3 of 3 Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,128 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 01:38 PM

It's probably a lot of early adopters finally replacing their RROD units.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users