• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#141 of 296 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,203 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 07 2014 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I've heard a rumor that the back half of the season isn't a linear narrative, but rather each episode tells a complete story with the various fractured pairings in the aftermath of the prison fight. Rick/Carl have one episode, Carol has one episode, Daryl has one episode, etc. Not sure if there's any truth to that rumor or not.

#142 of 296 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,007 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted February 07 2014 - 08:07 PM

^ Given the way that they did The Governor episodes, it seems like there's a good possibility of that happening. That could be a cool way to do things for a few episodes.

#143 of 296 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,962 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:19 PM

I hope that's just a rumor. 

#144 of 296 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,203 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 09 2014 - 07:19 PM

Terrific hour of television tonight. This show is at its best when it's just man versus his environment. Loved seeing Carl's self-deception peel away. Loved a little bit more insight into Michonne's damage. Loved the relief both groups discovered at not being alone.

Looks like we're in for a bigger group next week.

#145 of 296 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 08:16 PM

I liked the story and atmosphere of the episode, but I thought the kid who played Carl was asked to go way too far beyond the limits of his talent in it.

Also, it was really obvious that Rick was just unconscious there (and wouldn't even a teen in the middle of all this think of checking for a pulse before just walking out?), but I was really hoping they'd entirely turn expectations upside down and have Carl shoot him before realizing his mistake.

#146 of 296 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,654 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 09 2014 - 08:32 PM

I liked the split party unique perspective. Michonne's backstory was informed nicely tonight.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#147 of 296 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,876 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 09:31 AM

I liked the story and atmosphere of the episode, but I thought the kid who played Carl was asked to go way too far beyond the limits of his talent in it.

Also, it was really obvious that Rick was just unconscious there (and wouldn't even a teen in the middle of all this think of checking for a pulse before just walking out?), but I was really hoping they'd entirely turn expectations upside down and have Carl shoot him before realizing his mistake.

Agree on Carl.  That kid's a terrible actor and shouldn't be asked to do that much.  Overall, didn't care for the episode because of that, but I like the direction it's taking.

I didn't think it was that obvious Rick was unconscious but I'm also not convinced Carl actually thought he was dead for sure.  I actually thought Carl would end up trying to shoot him, but would be out of bullets - as a throwback to earlier in the episode when Rick scolded him for wasting a bullet and saying they might need it.

#148 of 296 OFFLINE   MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 09:45 AM

Best line of the night, knock, knock, "it's for you."

"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#149 of 296 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,742 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 01:26 PM

Just a guess, but Michonne might have went into the house with the pudding and the zombie (not a combination you type everyday) and retrieved Carl's shoe - hence Rick's line to Carl at the end of the episode.

Enjoyed the episode, but Carl probably shouldn't have been featured so prominently.  Riggs might develop into a fine actor but he was being asked to do things that were beyond him, at least for now.  Of course, that's generally how you get better.  I could have done without the Herschel moment at the beginning as it felt a little gratuitous and isn't really how I want to remember such a great character.  

- Walter.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#150 of 296 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,007 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 02:52 PM

I could have done without the Herschel moment at the beginning as it felt a little gratuitous and isn't really how I want to remember such a great character.

That moment is from an issue of the comic (though it happened to a different decapitated character) but it was pretty ugly to see it happen to Hershel. Actually, a lot of the stuff with Rick out of commission and Carl on his own was also pulled from the comic book much more than they usually do.

#151 of 296 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,742 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 03:16 PM

Actually, a lot of the stuff with Rick out of commission and Carl on his own was also pulled from the comic book much more than they usually do.

On Talking Dead, Greg Nicotero indicated that the episode was almost a direct adaptation of episodes (48 & 49?).  And that it was much more closely aligned with the graphic novel versus most episodes.  They changed Carl's line about who taught him to tie the clove hitch from Dale to Shane as it would have more of an impact on Rick.

- Walter.

• Sam Posten likes this
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#152 of 296 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,203 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 16 2014 - 09:32 PM

So props to the people who correctly identified Lizzie as a sociopath. Nice introducing the dead rabbits in the hollow of the fallen tree in Daryl and Beth's storyline, out of their line of sight. And then we hop back in time in the next segment and see Lizzie casually slit their throats while carrying on a conversation with Tyrese and her sister. It looks like we found our frog mutilator. Her affinity for naming the walkers and perceiving no real difference in value between the walkers and the living should have been a further clue as to what she is. The bit with her and (the very much alive!) Judith was one of those bits of television that practically had me chewing my finger nails hoping they wouldn't have a child suffocate a baby on national television.

Some fun pair-ups tonight: Tyrese with Carol (the unknown murderer he wants to put into the ground), Glen with Tara (from the group who decapitated his father-in-law), Maggie with Bob Stookey and Sasha.

And the introduction of Abraham Ford.

#153 of 296 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,876 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 09:50 PM

Judith was one of those bits of television that practically had me chewing my finger nails hoping they wouldn't have a child suffocate a baby on national television.

Despite all it's faults, that's one thing I'll give The Walking Dead - you can never count out anything with this show.  Just like I thought there was a chance Rick was dead last week, this week I thought there was a chance that baby was a goner.  Part of me thinks the writers really wanted to do it but just couldn't pull the trigger.  Imagine the publicity the show would get the next few days if they had that happen.

#154 of 296 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,007 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 04:56 AM

I thought they wussed out when they revealed that Judith had survived but they won me back by having a young girl try to smother her later on. Even by my standards, that's messed up.

It was cool to devote more or less one act to each set of characters.

I was happy to see Abraham, Eugene and Rosita introduced.

#155 of 296 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,654 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 17 2014 - 07:38 AM

Anyone else weirded out seeing Lizzy on True Detective 2 hours after TWD?

http://walkingdead.w...ighton_Sharbino

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#156 of 296 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,481 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 05:23 PM

LOVED last night's incredibly graphic episode!  It wasn't until almost 40 minutes in that I realized that last week's "cliffhanger" ("It's for you!") wasn't going to be addressed.  I think I need to start watching TTD afterwards...

And chance that it's walker/biter Lori at the door?

LOL....

#157 of 296 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,876 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 10:27 AM

I don't even remember, what was last week's cliffhanger?  Wasn't it clear it was Michonne at the door?  Or did something else happen that I'm forgetting?

#158 of 296 OFFLINE   Joe S

Joe S

Stunt Coordinator

• 216 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 02:40 PM

I've read on some blogs that Carol may be covering for Lizzie and it was Lizzie that killed Karen and David back at the prison. Remember the dead rats that attracted the walkers to the prison fence? Now we see Lizzie kill some rabbits. Hmmm.....

#159 of 296 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,481 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 06:51 PM

I don't even remember, what was last week's cliffhanger?  Wasn't it clear it was Michonne at the door?  Or did something else happen that I'm forgetting?

Yes, that was it.  I'm just surprised there was no followup on Rick/Carl/Michonne this week.

#160 of 296 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted February 19 2014 - 05:39 AM

I've read on some blogs that Carol may be covering for Lizzie and it was Lizzie that killed Karen and David back at the prison. Remember the dead rats that attracted the walkers to the prison fence? Now we see Lizzie kill some rabbits. Hmmm.....

That's what I said earlier, that I thought the little girl was the creepy killer one

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users