What's new

Complete Noob Question (1 Viewer)

autzennoise

Auditioning
Real Name
Casey
All,

Forgive me if this has been addressed, but I scoured the forum looking for a helpful post on this topic. Last May, I bought the HTitB Panasonic SC-Btt 195.

After a few months, I got tired of how the Blu Ray Player/Receiver controlled the TV, so I opted for a new receiver that could handle all my HDMI inputs, and use just one TV HDMI input. I settle on the Pioneer VSX 522-k. So I am using the panasonic speakers with the pioneer receiver.

The problem I'm having is that the Panasonic subwoofer connector is proprietary (and seems to be simple speaker wire like the rest of the speakers), and the Pioneer receiver looks to need an RCA connector. As you can see....

$(KGrHqUOKpYE25YKCKezBN0WsPSZhQ~~_3.JPG

VSX-522_rear.jpg

The sound absent the subwoofer is very tinny, and even worse when I try to play music through the system. Is there a part you may recommend for connecting the sub to the receiver without having to pony up for a pioneer sub?

Also, anything else you notice I may be doing wrong would be helpful. Thanks again!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
^^^What he said. HTiaB and receivers don't mix. Receivers do not amplify subwoofers so you must buy a real subwoofer which will be self-powered. And you're never going to be able to mix and match HTiaB speakers with other subs because those speakers are only designed to work with the bass module in the HTiaB.

autzennoise

Auditioning
Real Name
Casey
Thanks fellas, this really is rotten news. Probably should have done a little more homework.

The Panasonic HTiaB is frustrating because it is only marginally compatible with my Harmony remote, and the Pioneer receiver excels as a controller for all HDMI devices, and operates seamlessly with the remote.

I suppose my options are to return the Pioneer, or get all new speakers+sub for it. Any recommendations for my meager $150-300 speaker budget? Thanks again. Will probably sell the HTiaB at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks