What's new

Missing roadshows from FOX- (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
AGONY AND THE ECSTASY [1965] TODD-AO.-----DOCTOR DOLITTLE [1967] TODD-AO.------STAR! [1968]TODD-AO---THE BLUE MAX - 1966.

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Didier Rochefort
You must be the most pesky person that I've met online. Will you stop creating a threads for same old titles over and over again?

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I'd like those films released as well. I certainly don't think its spam. Just don't read the post.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I think this poster is just very passionate about the films they love and wants to be heard. They list a few which are in my own wish-list ("Star!" and "Doctor Dolittle"). The latter has been released on Germany on BD, and will be out in September in Australia, where I live, so I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I just wish I had written in Star! and Doctor Dolittle when we were voting in the Vote Your Choice contest from Fox. If I had been more diligent, we might be getting Star! next month instead of Cavalcade (though I'm not complaining; we're getting something!).

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Have they done any additional restoration work on CanCan? I have the old DVD...which states the original elements were cooked, so they did the best they could...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Ethan Riley said:
Have they done any additional restoration work on CanCan? I have the old DVD...which states the original elements were cooked, so they did the best they could...
And the best, as evidenced by that DVD with its fluctuating skin tones, was none too good. That's one of the reasons I haven't been as high about getting Can-Can on Blu-ray. I'm actually afraid what it might look like.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I watched the DVD of "Star!" again last night... fabulous film. But I've always been curious - I know the film has an 'Intermission' break right after the scene on the New York penthouse terrace with Gertie and Noel, but the DVD drives right ahead to the start of the second half (Gertie on holiday with her daughter Pamela).

Was there originally a return of the "show curtain" and the orchestra playing some sort of Entr'acte?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
John Skoda said:
I could check the laserdisc, but I can let you know tomorrow because I'm going to AFI in Silver Spring, MD, to see STAR! in 70mm (I'm pretty psyched)!
I don't blame you! I only saw Star! once in 70mm at its premiere engagement in Charlotte, and a couple of numbers had already been cut. Once I saw it again months later as Those Were the Happy Times, even more was missing, and a film I loved had become a colossal disappointment.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Matt Hough said:
And the best, as evidenced by that DVD with its fluctuating skin tones, was no:ne too good. That's one of the reasons I haven't been as high about getting Can-Can on Blu-ray. I'm actually afraid what it might look like.
Well they'd probably have to color-correct it, frame by frame then....probably a big pain in the butt

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
classicmovieguy said:
I watched the DVD of "Star!" again last night... fabulous film. But I've always been curious - I know the film has an 'Intermission' break right after the scene on the New York penthouse terrace with Gertie and Noel, but the DVD drives right ahead to the start of the second half (Gertie on holiday with her daughter Pamela).

Was there originally a return of the "show curtain" and the orchestra playing some sort of Entr'acte?
There was definitely an Entr'acte played. My recollection, having seen it on the big screen several times, was the Entr'acte was played over a black screen, not with the curtain/orchestra.Enjoy the 70mm experience, John Skoda!

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
trajan said:
I will continue to promote these films until either they are released or I die. What ever comes first.
Go on keep it up, the R&H musicals will be released someday! But no harm in keeping a reminder up once in awhile. I keep bugging Paramount about "On A Clear Day You can see Forever". And they keep sending me to the U.K. site of Amazon for the DVD???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks