Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Missing roadshows from FOX-

Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 of 46 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 789 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 03:53 PM

AGONY AND THE ECSTASY [1965] TODD-AO.-----DOCTOR DOLITTLE [1967] TODD-AO.------STAR! [1968]TODD-AO---THE BLUE MAX - 1966.

#2 of 46 OFFLINE   Didier R

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator

• 167 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 05:07 PM

You must be the most pesky person that I've met online. Will you stop creating a threads for same old titles over and over again?

#3 of 46 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 789 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 05:21 PM

POPULAR

I will continue to promote these films until either they are released or I die. What ever comes first.

• Rob_Ray, Richard M S, ahollis and 2 others like this

#4 of 46 OFFLINE   Didier R

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator

• 167 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 05:23 PM

Here foxconnect@orderassistance.com Now stop spamming this forum.

#5 of 46 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,802 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted July 12 2013 - 07:49 PM

I guess you should add Oklahoma and the re-release of The King And I.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#6 of 46 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 870 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 08:41 PM

I'd like those films released as well.  I certainly don't think its spam.  Just don't read the post.

Ken

#7 of 46 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,848 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 12 2013 - 08:53 PM

I think this poster is just very passionate about the films they love and wants to be heard.  They list a few which are in my own wish-list ("Star!" and "Doctor Dolittle").  The latter has been released on Germany on BD, and will be out in September in Australia, where I live, so I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#8 of 46 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,475 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 13 2013 - 04:20 AM

I just wish I had written in Star! and Doctor Dolittle when we were voting in the Vote Your Choice contest from Fox. If I had been more diligent, we might be getting Star! next month instead of Cavalcade (though I'm not complaining; we're getting something!).

#9 of 46 OFFLINE   Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted July 13 2013 - 06:02 AM

You can add Can-Can to the list for me.  I want all the Todd-AO films.

#10 of 46 ONLINE   Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby

Supporting Actor

• 917 posts
  • LocationKent "The Garden of England", UK

Posted July 13 2013 - 07:35 AM

I want all the Todd-AO and other large format films as these, when done well, provide the best blu-ray viewing experience for me.

#11 of 46 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,391 posts

Posted July 13 2013 - 08:27 AM

Have they done any additional restoration work on CanCan? I have the old DVD...which states the original elements were cooked, so they did the best they could...

#12 of 46 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,475 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 13 2013 - 12:55 PM

Have they done any additional restoration work on CanCan? I have the old DVD...which states the original elements were cooked, so they did the best they could...

And the best, as evidenced by that DVD with its fluctuating skin tones, was none too good. That's one of the reasons I haven't been as high about getting Can-Can on Blu-ray. I'm actually afraid what it might look like.

#13 of 46 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,428 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted July 13 2013 - 01:52 PM

Another vote for Star!, especially after seeing how great the Hello, Dolly! blu was.

• MatthewA likes this

#14 of 46 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,848 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 13 2013 - 02:21 PM

I watched the DVD of "Star!" again last night...  fabulous film.  But I've always been curious - I know the film has an 'Intermission' break right after the scene on the New York penthouse terrace with Gertie and Noel, but the DVD drives right ahead to the start of the second half (Gertie on holiday with her daughter Pamela).

Was there originally a return of the "show curtain" and the orchestra playing some sort of Entr'acte?

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

#15 of 46 OFFLINE   John Skoda

John Skoda

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted July 13 2013 - 05:33 PM

I could check the laserdisc, but I can let you know tomorrow because I'm going to AFI in Silver Spring, MD, to see STAR! in 70mm (I'm pretty psyched)!

• Matt Hough and classicmovieguy like this

#16 of 46 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,848 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 13 2013 - 05:40 PM

Oh how exciting to see it on a big screen!  Hope you have a ball!

#17 of 46 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,475 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 13 2013 - 06:04 PM

I could check the laserdisc, but I can let you know tomorrow because I'm going to AFI in Silver Spring, MD, to see STAR! in 70mm (I'm pretty psyched)!

I don't blame you! I only saw Star! once in 70mm at its premiere engagement in Charlotte, and a couple of numbers had already been cut. Once I saw it again months later as Those Were the Happy Times, even more was missing, and a film I loved had become a colossal disappointment.

#18 of 46 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,391 posts

Posted July 13 2013 - 07:30 PM

And the best, as evidenced by that DVD with its fluctuating skin tones, was no:ne too good. That's one of the reasons I haven't been as high about getting Can-Can on Blu-ray. I'm actually afraid what it might look like.

Well they'd probably have to color-correct it, frame by frame then....probably a big pain in the butt

#19 of 46 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,428 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted July 14 2013 - 10:48 AM

I watched the DVD of "Star!" again last night...  fabulous film.  But I've always been curious - I know the film has an 'Intermission' break right after the scene on the New York penthouse terrace with Gertie and Noel, but the DVD drives right ahead to the start of the second half (Gertie on holiday with her daughter Pamela).

Was there originally a return of the "show curtain" and the orchestra playing some sort of Entr'acte?

There was definitely an Entr'acte played.  My recollection, having seen it on the big screen several times, was the Entr'acte was played over a black screen, not with the curtain/orchestra.

Enjoy the 70mm experience, John Skoda!

• classicmovieguy likes this

#20 of 46 OFFLINE   Everett Stallings

Everett Stallings

Second Unit

• 390 posts
  • LocationWilmington,De

Posted July 14 2013 - 12:26 PM

I will continue to promote these films until either they are released or I die. What ever comes first.

Go on keep it up, the R&H musicals will be released someday! But no harm in keeping a reminder up once in awhile. I keep bugging Paramount about "On A Clear Day You can see Forever". And they keep sending me to the U.K. site of Amazon for the DVD???

• JohnMor and ahollis like this
Former projectionist @ all downtown theatres in Balto. City.Which are all closed. frown.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users