-

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

PHE Press Release: Star Trek Into Darkness (3D Blu-ray Combo) (Blu-ray Combo)

Paramount

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 of 91 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,931 posts

Posted July 10 2013 - 09:40 PM

58503_medium.jpg 51243_medium.jpg stset.jpeg

DIRECTOR J.J. ABRAMS’ WORLDWIDE BLOCKBUSTER SETS A COURSE FOR BLU-RAY, BLU-RAY 3D AND DVD 
SEPTEMBER 10, 2013

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS

Global Hit Debuts Three Weeks Early on Digital August 20th

HOLLYWOOD, Calif.  –  Lauded by critics as “a sleek, thrilling epic” (Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly), “a clever, exhilarating action adventure” (Claudia Puig, USA Today) and “stratospherically entertaining” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone), director J.J. Abrams’ phenomenal global sensation STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS makes its highly-anticipated debut on Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, DVD and On Demand on September 10, 2013 from Paramount Home Media Distribution.  Fans can be the first to own the film on Digital when it arrives three weeks early on August 20th.  Boasting “spectacular visual effects” (Steven Rea, Philadelphia Inquirer) and “one of the best villains in recent memory” (Joe Neumaier, New York Daily NewsSTAR TREK INTO DARKNESSdelighted audiences around the world, earning a coveted A CinemaScore.

"I'm excited for viewers at home to check out Star Trek Into Darkness on Blu-ray and DVD," said J.J. Abrams.  "They did a great job and I'm thrilled with how everything looks and sounds.  We also have some really fun behind-the-scenes special features that we shot on the Red and created entirely in-house at Bad Robot.  They really look amazing and unlike anything I've seen on DVD or Blu-ray before."  Abrams added "I hope fans enjoy seeing the process that went into making the movie and the truly amazing work of our most spectacular cast and crew."  

The STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Blu-ray/DVD and Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD combo packs with UltraViolet™ are bursting with behind-the-scenes material detailing how the filmmakers delivered a rousing epic filled with both spectacle and soul.  For the first time, the special features included in the combo packs were produced entirely by Abrams' 
Bad Robot Productions and captured in spectacular high quality on Red Epic cameras for a uniquely intimate perspective of the filmmakers' process.  

Written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof, the film follows the crew of the Enterprise as a shocking act of terror on Earth sends them on a manhunt to capture an unstoppable force of destruction and bring those responsible to justice.  STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS features an outstanding ensemble cast including John Cho, Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Peter Weller and Anton Yelchin.

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack

The STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.  The DVD in the combo pack is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with English 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.  The combo pack includes access to a digital copy of the film as well as the following:

Blu-ray

·         Feature film in high definition

·         Creating the Red Planet – Experience the creation of a never-before-seen alien world, as featured in the action-packed opening sequence of the film.

·         Attack on Starfleet – Go behind the scenes with the cast and filmmakers and witness the creation of the shocking attack on Starfleet Headquarters.

·         The Klingon Home World – Discover the stunning world of Kronos, and see how the filmmakers reinvented the Klingons for a new generation.

·         The Enemy of My Enemy – Find out how, and why, the identity of the film’s true villain was kept a mystery to the very end.

·         Ship to Ship – An in-depth and thrilling look at the filming of the iconic space jump sequence, which both defied the laws of physics and pushed the limits of visual effects.

·         Brawl by the Bay – Sit in with Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch as they revisit their intense preparation for the film’s breathtaking climax.

·         Continuing the Mission – An inspiring look at the partnership between the film’s crew and the organization that assists returning veterans to find meaningful ways to contribute on the home front.

DVD

·         Feature film in standard definition

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack

The STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Blu-ray 3D combo pack includes all of the above, as well as the film in high definition and 3D on a disc presented in 1080p high definition with English 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.  

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Single-Disc DVD

The single-disc DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with English 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.  The disc includes the feature film in standard definition.

The Blu-ray releases available for purchase will be enabled with UltraViolet, a new way to collect, access and enjoy movies.  With UltraViolet, consumers can add movies to their digital collection in the cloud, and then stream or download them – reliably and securely – to a variety of devices.    

Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions present a Bad Robot Production of a J.J. Abrams Film “Star Trek Into Darkness.”  Music by Michael Giacchino.  Executive producers Jeffrey Chernov, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake.  Produced by J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk, Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.  Based upon “Star Trek” created by Gene Roddenberry.  Written by Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman & Damon Lindelof.  Directed by J.J. Abrams.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 91 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,515 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted July 11 2013 - 01:23 AM

Here's hoping the phaser edition comes down in price. Otherwise, I'm in for the combo pack.

#3 of 91 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,290 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted July 11 2013 - 02:36 AM

Oh yeah! Can't wait for this one. 3D all the way for me.
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#4 of 91 OFFLINE   Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs

Supporting Actor

• 857 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted July 11 2013 - 09:55 AM

Any word on aspect ratio of the IMAX scenes?

#5 of 91 OFFLINE   Kevin EK

Kevin EK

Screenwriter

• 2,781 posts

Posted July 11 2013 - 11:38 AM

With a good discount, this will be a nice home video purchase.   I didn't have the time to go see this in a theater, and Abrams' movies play better at home as it is.   The wildest part is that if I can get the movie for about 20 bucks, I'll actually pay a lot less than I would have at the theater (No parking costs, no concessions costs, no limit on having people over to watch it, etc)

#6 of 91 OFFLINE   Chris Will

Chris Will

Supporting Actor

• 733 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL

Posted July 11 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'm getting a my first 3D TV just in time for this movie, can't wait!

#7 of 91 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,290 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted July 11 2013 - 04:48 PM

With a good discount, this will be a nice home video purchase.   I didn't have the time to go see this in a theater, and Abrams' movies play better at home as it is.   The wildest part is that if I can get the movie for about 20 bucks, I'll actually pay a lot less than I would have at the theater (No parking costs, no concessions costs, no limit on having people over to watch it, etc)

The 3D combo is currently $24.99 at Amazon and I bet it goes down to $19.99 when it's released.

#8 of 91 ONLINE   GregK

GregK

Supporting Actor

• 959 posts

Posted July 11 2013 - 05:22 PM

And / or will someone like Wal-Mart or Best Buy have a last minute IMAX exclusive release, as was done with TRANSFORMERS II?

#9 of 91 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,881 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted July 11 2013 - 05:35 PM

And / or will someone like Wal-Mart or Best Buy have a last minute IMAX exclusive release, as was done with TRANSFORMERS II?

Unless I've missed some(highly possible)...

How is it that Target hasn't jumped on the "Only we have it" BD? (Actually they do have one but it ties into my next query...)

Or are they content with "We have a version of the CD you can get no-where else...not even Itunes"...

#10 of 91 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,252 posts

Posted July 15 2013 - 09:00 AM

Did this movie have expanded IMAX ratio scenes?  Wow, I didn't know that.

-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#11 of 91 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,006 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted July 15 2013 - 09:04 AM

I suspect there will be no aspect ratio changes, since Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, another Bad Robot production with IMAX scenes was transferred 2.4:1 throughout, as Brad Bird (noted JJ Abrams associate) felt that the changes were a theatre-specific context and would not translate to home release. I would not be surprised in the least if Abrams felt the same way.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#12 of 91 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,648 posts

Posted July 15 2013 - 06:43 PM

I just pre-ordered the one with the Phaser(sounds like a FRIENDS episode)!

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#13 of 91 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,931 posts

Posted July 18 2013 - 11:21 AM

Here is the new official cover art just released today...

STID_3D.jpg STID_Combo.jpg

Ronald J Epstein

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#14 of 91 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,515 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted July 18 2013 - 11:28 AM

They are no longer listing blu-ray 3D and blu-ray on the cover art...I hope they are not doing a separate 3D and 2D release.

#15 of 91 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,641 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 18 2013 - 11:33 AM

They are no longer listing blu-ray 3D and blu-ray on the cover art...I hope they are not doing a separate 3D and 2D release.

Steve,

My preorder still has the cover art with 3D and BD on it.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#16 of 91 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,931 posts

Posted July 18 2013 - 11:35 AM

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack

The STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Blu-ray 3D combo pack includes all of the above, as well as the film in high definition and 3D on a disc presented in 1080p high definition with English 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.  

Ronald J Epstein

#17 of 91 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 18 2013 - 11:44 AM

I'm just wondering, for those of you who saw this at the cinema in 3D, does it have any pop out moments. ?

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#18 of 91 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,515 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted July 18 2013 - 12:05 PM

There is one scene where natives toss spears that penetrate the screen, but the rest of the movie seemed flat to me.

• FoxyMulder likes this

#19 of 91 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 18 2013 - 12:18 PM

There is one scene where natives toss spears that penetrate the screen, but the rest of the movie seemed flat to me.

It sounds like i may just watch this in 2D then especially since it was a conversion.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#20 of 91 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,290 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted July 18 2013 - 12:37 PM

To me, good 3D is not just about pop out moments. The film had great use of 3D with great depth and scale and a few pop out moments. I thought it was a great use of the format and definitely made the film more enjoyable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paramount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users