What's new

Get ready Orlando, here we come! (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
In a move nearly two years in the making the wife and I are moving to Kissimmee tomorrow.We worked for about 18 months to get the house ready to go up for sale. Spent most of whatever money we had and did it all without any home improvement loans.So we are very proud of that.Made a nice amount on the sale that took almost three months to happen.The nice folks who bought our house said they went in only one time but new it was the one they wanted right away.It was the large yard that really was the selling point despite all the work we did making the house itself extra nice.But that's okay.I've lived in Philly for the first 28 years and just outside Philly for the last 21 so this is huge.One thing of many we learned is that if you need the money from a home sale right away, better make sure it's a cashier check or a wire transfer.Unless you have the money equal to or more then the profit amount already in your bank account,there will very likely be at least a seven day hold on that checkEven though it was a bank check from a Title company our credit union would not budge on that.Nor would the bank the check was written on because we didn't have an account with them previously.Anyway, Kissimmee better be ready for us.We are on the way.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Look out Mickey Mouse, TonyD and Mrs. TonyD are headin' your way! :biggrin:

Major congrats, Tony. I know how hard you two have been working on this project. I bet you guys will be rubbing it in with all the other snowbirds in just a few months!

MickyMouseWelcomeTo.gif

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Holly worked for Nemours hospital in Wilmington De. They recently opened one in Orlando so she transferred to that one.She has a son and now grandchildren who live near Atlanta so this is an easier trip to visit them.As for me, it's more that I can't tolerate cold anymore then liking hot and humid.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Made it.Long two days on the road.Left at 5p on Thursday and arrived just minutes ago.Seven dogs will make a 14-15 hour trip much longer.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Glad to hear your home sale went well and was financially good!Hope the move and adjustment to new locale is smooth.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Had our first meeting with one of the large bugs today. Some sort of roach looking thing that was an inch long at least. Glad we have a garbage disposal.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TonyD said:
Had our first meeting with one of the large bugs today.Some sort of roach looking thing that was an inch long at least.Glad we have a garbage disposal.
I hope that wasn't Jiminy Cricket...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
TonyD said:
Had our first meeting with one of the large bugs today.Some sort of roach looking thing that was an inch long at least.
Um. . .you're a Floridian now. You can't call a 1-inch bug "large!"

Seven dogs. Wow!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hey Tony. hope your enjoying Florida. Another long time HTFr, Orlando, just moved from NYC / Long Island down near you too. Get lots of bug spray !

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hey Gregg. You calibrated a tv for me about 10 or so years ago when we lived up near Philly. Except for the crazy drivers on the roads we are loving it so far.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Hey, Tony, We (sort of) know Orlando very well. The kids always had a chuckle when they saw the signs with "Kissemee" on it (OK, I know it's Kissimmee :) ).We even visited Orlando for a day last year (to go to our favourite theme park, Universal Studios). (Can almost draw the layout of the Florida Mall from my head.)I drove on the Florida Turnpike several times (we were amazed about the pieces of rubber tire lying around) and have a "favourite" restaurant halfway Orlando and Miami. So: have a great living there! I'm prety sure you're going to enjoy it.(Hey, about that bug. Since when did you Americans stop shooting from the hip?)
Cees

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cees:

I took this picture of Tony walking down Interstate 4 the last time I was in Florida. The bug never stood a chance!

20121021_High_Noon_gary_cooper.jpg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
We are assimilating well.

Just bought an annual pass to Disney to go along with our annul for Universal.

Couldnt be any better.
20130820_173027_Hollywood Blvd.jpg

Not sure why it comes up sideways

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks