What's new

International Eureka brings 2 Sirk films to Blu in August/September (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
UK label Eureka are releasing the Douglas Sirk films "A Time to Love and a Time to Die", and "The Tarnished Angels", in their 'Masters of Cinema' Blu-ray collection, in August-September.

Hopefully more Sirk on Blu-ray will be on the horizon! I have my fingers & toes crossed for "Imitation of Life", "There's Always Tomorrow", "Interlude", "Magnificent Obsession", "All I Desire" and "All That Heaven Allows".

Attachments

• 77751_medium.jpg
    77751_medium.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 77752_medium.jpg
    77752_medium.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 37

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Very good news indeed. Many thanks. I'll buy both as soon as they're available. And yes, I'd like other Sirk movies on Blu-ray too. Sirk's deployment of composition, light and color is ideal for high definition.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Douglas Sirk is a director, like Fritz Lang, whose films are always worth watching. I am also hoping that Written on the Wind will be released on blu-ray soon. I watched it recently on Channel 4 HD and it was like seeing it for the first time. I am concerned about the AR's for Sirk's films however!

My favourite Sirk film is none of the above. It is Has Anybody Seen My Gal, ever since I first saw it on the Carlton Cinema television channel on ONdigital (subsequently ITV Digital). Anybody remember Carlton Cinema, the best channel for classic films, it has been gone 10 years now.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
"Has Anybody Seen My Gal?" is a real charmer. Sirk had a special hand at comedy, which a lot of people are still unaware because his later melodramas kind of overshadowed the earlier American films (including the fun murder-mystery "Lured" with Lucille Ball).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks