Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Love IS a Many-Splendored Thing

Twilight Time

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 of 27 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

• 1,393 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted July 12 2013 - 03:37 PM

Robert A. Harris has given his assessment of this blu-ray and he's RAVING about it...5 ratings for both the image restoration and the 5.1-channel DTS-MA-HD audio...can't wait to watch my copy of this over the weekend!!!

#22 of 27 OFFLINE   haineshisway

• 2,800 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted July 12 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, well, you heard it here first :)

#23 of 27 OFFLINE   Panavision70

Stunt Coordinator

• 62 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted July 12 2013 - 06:00 PM

First saw this 1963 on NBC Monday Night at the Movies. I was eight and my love of movie music began that night. The movie's last 10 minutes are still devastating.  Powerful stuff.

#24 of 27 OFFLINE   ShowsOn

Second Unit

• 253 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 07:55 PM

A single movie has to be pretty special for me to fork out AU$45 - and this is it.

I'm in Australia too, so with Twilight Time orders I usually wait until there's a few titles I want before placing an order in order to spread the exorbitant shipping costs.

I also took advantage of the deal to get a free signed copy of Hard Times which I'm selling to a friend. This way I got the cost down to $35 for Love is a Many-Splendored thing, though sadly it my copy still hasn't shipped.

#25 of 27 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

• 2,774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 12 2013 - 08:56 PM

This is my first Twilight Time purchase, although I caved again a couple of nights ago and ordered "Lost Horizon" as well.  The prices are very steep for foreign buyers, but for LIAMST, and it's glowing reviews, I figured it was well worth the extra dollars.  Especially since I've landed a few big bargains lately - this kind of balances it out.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".
My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#26 of 27 OFFLINE   ahollis

• 6,169 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted July 12 2013 - 10:04 PM

[color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';]This is absolutely one of the best transfers I have seen in a long time. I received it today and was just going to put it in and watch a few scenes, but I got hooked on it at the main titles and watched it through. Great story, great acting, great directing, great cinematography and a perfect transfer. [/color]

[color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';]Thank you Twilight Time. [/color]

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#27 of 27 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

• 1,393 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted July 12 2013 - 11:12 PM

And a BIG thank you to Fox's Shawn Belston for bestowing his love and care at restoring this title for release...another feather in his cap for his 2013 catalog release output so far this year!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users