Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Warning Points?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 ONLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,393 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted July 07 2013 - 07:48 AM

I just noticed a Warning Points line being displayed in my profile info in posts I have made.  Not sure how long it's been there.  It is not displayed for any other members.

I'm thinking that this is displayed only for me to see and that other logged-in members are seeing the same line for themselves only.  Am I correct?

This makes me wonder if points can age off, like driver's license points?  You wouldn't want to hold a grudge forever would ya?  :P

BTW, my total points are zero.   :)

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,263 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted July 07 2013 - 07:55 AM

Damn.  Saw the thread title and thought it might be the name of a good '70s thriller I didn't know.  

Okay, let's see if I'm still at zero...

EDIT:  Yes!  I'm in the clear!  PAR-TAY!!!!      :)

Edited by Charles Smith, July 07 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#3 of 9 ONLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,463 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted July 07 2013 - 07:58 AM

I would assume they are for "attacks of character" against others...

I've probably skirted the "points line" a few times myself, mainly from forgetting...

1. I've been doing this for years(since quadraphonic)

2. I've seen/played with every connector there is

3. Not everybody plays with what they bought "to see what it does outside what the manual says it does" (if you just play with what you bought, sometimes you find a cool trick)

But that gets me a msg in my inbox every once in a while saying "hey now, relax...he's a newbie..."

#4 of 9 ONLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,393 posts

Posted July 07 2013 - 08:43 AM

I would assume they are for "attacks of character" against others...

I've probably skirted the "points line" a few times myself, mainly from forgetting...

1. I've been doing this for years(since quadraphonic)

2. I've seen/played with every connector there is

3. Not everybody plays with what they bought "to see what it does outside what the manual says it does" (if you just play with what you bought, sometimes you find a cool trick)

But that gets me a msg in my inbox every once in a while saying "hey now, relax...he's a newbie..."

This confirms that everybody sees their own points and no others which makes sense.  I did assume that the points would be incurred for violating the forum rules of conduct.

Hmmm....maybe item two should be in an adults only section?   :lol:

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#5 of 9 ONLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,463 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted July 07 2013 - 08:48 AM

You don't want me to go there...

I bought The Serpent because I know the guy who got to tie up Olga Kurylenko, lucky bastard...(and yes, I know the guy)

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,298 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted July 07 2013 - 02:41 PM

I just noticed a Warning Points line being displayed in my profile info in posts I have made.  Not sure how long it's been there.  It is not displayed for any other members.

I'm thinking that this is displayed only for me to see and that other logged-in members are seeing the same line for themselves only.  Am I correct?

This makes me wonder if points can age off, like driver's license points?  You wouldn't want to hold a grudge forever would ya?  :P

BTW, my total points are zero.   :)

Look, Johnny, I didn't really want to say anything because its not my place, but...

Those cats of yours are making some very inappropriate comments when you're not around! You might want to ease up on the catnip...

;)
  • FoxyMulder likes this

#7 of 9 ONLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,393 posts

Posted July 08 2013 - 06:05 AM

Look, Johnny, I didn't really want to say anything because its not my place, but...
Those cats of yours are making some very inappropriate comments when you're not around! You might want to ease up on the catnip...
;)

You don't know the half of it. :)
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#8 of 9 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,189 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 23 2013 - 05:52 AM

Let's just say that we're watching you guys...you four especially...VERY, VERY CLOSELY and leave it at that. 

:biggrin:

• DaveF likes this

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,917 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted August 20 2013 - 08:42 AM

Yes, just to clarify, they are your warning points, just so you know where you stand with the moderators; it is tied to the infraction system.  Moderators (Mike!) can click on the link to issue you warnings and assign points.  Its up to the moderator giving the warning as to how long it takes for the points to disappear (if ever).  We are still hashing out the details internally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users