-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Alcatraz - TV Series - 2012

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,271 posts

Posted July 07 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hi all,

I picked up Alcatraz the JJ Abrams series and was impressed with the show. I like the different criminals being brought int the fold. It is sad that the show was cancelled as i believe it had some really good promised to become a good show!

#2 of 3 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,501 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 07:24 AM

I too enjoyed it, but it suffered the same problem as another show that I remember, Invasion.  Both shows crept along at a snail's pace with unfolding the plot.  Today's viewer wants instant gratification, unwilling to wait to see major plot events develop. Invasion was also plagued by a long hiatus and moving around ABC's schedule several times.  Such a shame, it was finally hitting its' stride at the end.  A post cancellation appeal by its fans and numerous TV critiics failed to resurrect the show.

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#3 of 3 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,271 posts

Posted July 13 2013 - 06:37 AM

I too enjoyed it, but it suffered the same problem as another show that I remember, Invasion.  Both shows crept along at a snail's pace with unfolding the plot.  Today's viewer wants instant gratification, unwilling to wait to see major plot events develop. Invasion was also plagued by a long hiatus and moving around ABC's schedule several times.  Such a shame, it was finally hitting its' stride at the end.  A post cancellation appeal by its fans and numerous TV critiics failed to resurrect the show.

I totally agree and last resoirt experience similar issues. Yet shows like of Games of Thrones seem to be very popular with limited number of episodes. So, studios get some things right!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users