What's new

hdmi cable connections (1 Viewer)

twilightflyerr

Auditioning
Real Name
Ray Bull
72 yr old newbie here asking for help.
Just got me one of those new tv's LG42LN540V and I want to connect up my Sky+ box also my DVD player.
The tv has 2 hdmi sockets and the other two has 1 hdmi connector. Can anyone please tell me what goes where and how, much appreciation in advance.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Welcome to HTF!I'm away from my computer so I can't check your TV manual just yet. I take it that between the Sky+ box and the DVD player, there is only one HDMI output? But the TV has two HDMI inputs?

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
I am sure your DVD player has only a scart connection. I would maybe consider a more up to date option with HDMI. :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Hi Ray, I'm back. Your TV has only one HDMI input, but it also has a SCART input. If your SKY+ box has HDMI out, you would connect it to the HDMI in of your TV with an HDMI cable.

As for your DVD player, I suspect it has a SCART output as stated above. That being the case, you would simply connect it to the TV's SCART input with a SCART cable. Not sure about where the audio goes on the TV, but there is an audio input, and you probably use that (with the usual red/white stereo audio cables). Unless you connect your audio to a receiver for sound. But you did not mention a receiver.

Edit: I see that there is a second HDMI input on the side of your TV, so if you get a DVD/blu-ray player with HDMI, you could connect it there.

Hope this helps!

twilightflyerr

Auditioning
Real Name
Ray Bull
Steve Tannehill said:
Hi Ray, I'm back. Your TV has only one HDMI input, but it also has a SCART input. If your SKY+ box has HDMI out, you would connect it to the HDMI in of your TV with an HDMI cable.

As for your DVD player, I suspect it has a SCART output as stated above. That being the case, you would simply connect it to the TV's SCART input with a SCART cable. Not sure about where the audio goes on the TV, but there is an audio input, and you probably use that (with the usual red/white stereo audio cables). Unless you connect your audio to a receiver for sound. But you did not mention a receiver.

Edit: I see that there is a second HDMI input on the side of your TV, so if you get a DVD/blu-ray player with HDMI, you could connect it there.

Hope this helps!
Hi Sam, sorry I,m late back, just to clarify TV has 2 HDMI, Sky+ has 1HDMI +2 scart,DVD recorder has 2 scart, sorry if I have confused everyone.
Thanks also to tele1962.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Does the TV have SCART? If so, you can plug in your DVD recorder to it.

Use HDMI for the Sky+ box.

If the TV does not have SCART, consider getting a basic blu-ray player. It will play DVD's as well, and use HDMI.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks