-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Yamaha RX-A820 A/V Receiver HDMI

Best Answer Walt H , July 04 2013 - 03:04 PM

Issue solved, there is an option for HDMI pass-through in the HDMI control menu.

Go to the full post

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Walt H

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted July 04 2013 - 07:39 AM

Does the Yamaha RX-A820 A/V Receiver HDMI have pass-through so that even with the receiver off the HDMI signal will pass to the TV?  My TV is connected to a settop box via HDMI.  Sometimes I want to be able to watch TV via HDMI without the Yamaha receiver on, it's not necessary to have the receiver on when watching the news or other programs that really doesn't require Dolby Digital sound.  So far I have it hooked up using an HDMI signal splitter from the cable box to the tv and one to the receiver.  I notice some picture quality loss via this splitter it's not a sharp as when not using the splitter.  I tried going through the receiver without the splitter but I got nothing with the receiver off.  I may have missed some setting I was supposed to make that's why I'm posting this.

#2 of 2 Walt H

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted July 04 2013 - 03:04 PM   Best Answer

Issue solved, there is an option for HDMI pass-through in the HDMI control menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users