What's new

Inherited HTiB (1 Viewer)

rsardelli

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
Recently I inherited a Bose Lifestyle HTiB (circa 2010-2011 model). I have no clue how to install it. I am looking to see if there is any way to get directions on how to set up the system. It came with a seperate panel which had the HDMI in/outputs. I am looking to set it up with the wires exposed (in a rental, dont care about concealment for now. I have 5 speakers, subwoofer, receiver, and HDMI panel. I want it to be able to work with my TV (50' Panasonic Plasma purchased in 2012 new), XBOX 360 Elite, DirecTv HD reciever (non-DVR). Its been sitting in a closet for the past year or so and I have found out that im sitting on a pretty expensive setup that I dont want to see go to waste. I have looked on the bose website and gotten no help and really dont want to pay someone to install it until I buy a place and permanantly install the hardware.

Additionally, everything is dissassembled including the wires to the speakers, receiver and sub.

Thanks

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Find the model number - then search for XXXXX manual -- that would be a good place to start...

It should not be that hard to setup - and don't pay for anyone from bose to come over and set it up for you. You will not find many bose fans on this forum, as their stuff is way overpriced for what you get - and you could take the same amount of money (or in many cases 1/2 to 1/4 of the money) and get something that sounds and works better. Since you got it for free, you might as well hook it up and get some use out of it.

One thing about these bose systems as they often come with extremely cheep and thin wiring with spring clips. Often times they will have "special" connectors so you cannot upgrade the wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks