What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Father Goose -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Mr. Grant's second to last effort was Father Goose (1964). Directed by Ralph Nelson, it's a pleasant affair about a beachcomber, sitting out WWII, who becomes embroiled with a teacher in distress (Leslie Caron) and her brood of young girls.

You can sense a bit of Mr. Grant's golden era work in this project. It just works.

Fortunately, the Blu-ray also seems to work on this release, which is far and away a superior effort to The Grass is Greener on Blu.

With few exceptions, color, shadow detail, black levels and grain structure seem in line here. No complaints, other than the typical need for just a bit of digital clean-up.

Image - 4

Audio - 4.5

Recommended.

RAH

Reactions: PMF

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Well, that's a relief!

I saw this one when it first was released. I quite enjoyed it but thought it only fairly amusing; certainly not hilariously funny. I've only since it once then, on TV and looking awful.

I think I'll buy this BRD. Cary Grant and Trevor Howard: a powerful combination.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Big fan of Trevor Howard and it's nice to see him in this film. Like to see Grant's last movie 'Walk, Don't Run" (1966) receive a blu-ray treatment...not his best film but fun to watch.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I'll have to add this to my list. Had no idea it was coming on blu. I have it on dvd-not a great film but a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks