Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

LUCAS Nano

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   ProGameGuru

ProGameGuru

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 03 2013 - 07:01 AM

Recently I was shopping for an audio solution for my home theater and video gaming area. I'd been to several stores, and nothing seemed appropriate for my needs, as either the sound wasn't what I was looking for or it was just too expensive. A friend of mine who is a musician suggested that I go with him to my local instrument store and see their offerings as they're more "pro" as he put it. 

Anyway, most of the products there were gigantic behemoth speaker arrays that looked like they belonged in a club. I did notice a small compact unit, which sounded good. The price was well within my budget too. It was called the LUCAS nano by HK Audio. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger and buying this for my home theater. There are different ways to connect it, and it's portable if I wanted to take it out to my deck for a BBQ or something.

There's a video link here: http://hkaudio.com/us/video.php

What do you think?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,448 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted July 03 2013 - 07:12 AM

That is overkill from a function standpoint. You have to buy an AVR with pre-outs to use it. And you need two of them...and what center?

Besides that, you still need a subwoofer, cause that 44hz isn't cutting it for movies.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,448 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted July 03 2013 - 07:24 AM

Just noticed one more thing, could be wrong though.

That is set-up to be single-source stereo. Totally not usable for home theater. Unless you buy 5 or 7 of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users