What's new

Another newb from Atlanta signing on. (1 Viewer)

Proffitt

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Hi all,Glad to be here where the wealth of knowledge for HT resides. I've been reading for a while looking for specific topics to help me out. But it time to get more engaged.I've been a budget minded audiophile since high school, (mid 80s) always opting for quality used or clearance over cheap disposable electronics. I've had "HT surround" systems in several houses, in the main TV room, so I'm not a total stranger. I've leaned toward AVRs from Onkyo, and speakers from Polk and Infinity over the years.Had the opportunity a little over a year ago to realize (or begin to) a long time dream, a dedicated HT in the basement man cave. This came to be with the purchase of a new house with said basement, although unfinished at thi point. I'll keep looking but I've not been able to find much on relatively narrow and looooong rooms. I intend to set up the screen on the narrow wall which is 14'6". The long wall is 41'. No, that won't entirely be theater. Actually the seating will end at about 14' from the screen, as the room widens a few feet on either side and becomes bar area and entertainment area behind the HT seating. Movies from the seating area.... And Georgia Bulldawgs football viewing from the bar area looking into the HT.My interests will be many. I have been an active member over at Club Polk where I've tried to give as much as I've taken. Hope to do that here as we'll. I'm anxious to start by learning the dynamics of surround sound and bass management in a room with "no" back wall. Then we'll go from there.Excited about starting a thread with pics on the build from the ground up. Phase I complete by late October for my wedding. Wish me luck.Thanks for having me.Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks