-

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

What Will Warner Archive's Next Release Be?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 of 59 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,889 posts

Posted July 26 2013 - 12:43 PM

Will the season-six set have "A Man Called Ragan," the final episode of the season? This episode, a pilot for The Dakotas, was skipped in syndication, at least in the Encore Westerns run of the show.

I bet they will or they would have said something by now.

#22 of 59 Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 174 posts

Posted July 26 2013 - 02:11 PM

Wasn't there some talk of the followup to Probe - the series Search/Search Control being released some time in the future?

#23 of 59 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,388 posts

Posted July 29 2013 - 09:39 AM

It says 13 episodes and from what I understand that episode is the 14th episode so I'm guessing that it is not included. I would also guess that they are saving that episode for a Dakotas release since that show only had 19 episodes and Cheyenne is not in that episode so it would make sense to release it as the pilot for The Dakotas when and/if they release that show..

Will the season-six set have "A Man Called Ragan," the final episode of the season? This episode, a pilot for The Dakotas, was skipped in syndication, at least in the Encore Westerns run of the show.

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#24 of 59 EdG

EdG

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted July 30 2013 - 04:56 PM

Good News!

Cheyenne Season 6 is up for pre-order and will be released this Tuesday 7/30/13. After this theres only one more season to go so this show could be complete this year. I hope Bronco, Lawman and Colt .45 are coming up soon.

I ordered Cheyenne Season 6 today from WBshop.  Free shipping on $25 or over was not working when I tried last night but it was working today.  I also used "anycodes5" for an additional $5 off so all in all a good deal for a WB archives season set on release day.

Edited by EdG, July 30 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#25 of 59 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,082 posts

Posted July 31 2013 - 09:49 PM

Wasn't there some talk of the followup to Probe - the series Search/Search Control being released some time in the future?

They talk about a lot of things. If we listed all of the shows that were asked about on Facebook that they had a positive response to, it would be quite a long list.

#26 of 59 John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 744 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted July 31 2013 - 10:01 PM

I ordered Cheyenne Season 6 today from WBshop.  Free shipping on $25 or over was not working when I tried last night but it was working today.  I also used "anycodes5" for an additional $5 off so all in all a good deal for a WB archives season set on release day.

It is interesting this set is supposed to be "remastered" according to the site.  I wonder how it will look compared to the previous seasons?  Thanks for the discount code, I ordered the set.

• EdG likes this

#27 of 59 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,105 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted August 02 2013 - 02:27 PM

They talk about a lot of things. If we listed all of the shows that were asked about on Facebook that they had a positive response to, it would be quite a long list.

At least they have enough courtesy to answer posts you make! I asked about "Enos," the spin-off of "The Dukes of Hazzard" and got a very courteous reply from them.

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#28 of 59 MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime

Second Unit

• 374 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn Park, MD

Posted August 03 2013 - 01:05 PM

The problem is more than at this point WB has just become an assembly line of a program. If WHV sees retail value they'll plan releases, if they don't, WA plans to eventually get to it.

In most cases they get a lot of repeat askers of "will you do this" which unless it has clearance issues they pretty much plan to release whatever they can. Now sometimes people get lucky (or frame their question to ask if they have started working on the item) and WA let's out they have started work on something, but truthfully speaking giving how large the WB catalog is a lot that is nothing short of luck.

Although in earlier days sometimes they gave predictions of ETAs that didn't pan out but that pretty much has stopped all together within over the last year, since there's only a few choice things that were being worked on for a very long time, and we just saw one of them get released last week. So there's a lot of good faith there, but do note that's if they say they are working on it, since in a lot of cases their answer for most of the stuff is "yes, eventually we plan to do that movie/tv show/cartoon/whatever" or "We can't because of ________"

Blanket Quote for myself for all my postings from Feb 2014 and on

"i'm not shy to mention that i seem to be a major outlier on this forum. But i'm still highly boggled by some things posted here. But hey i can only be so critical but some things do bother me a bit, but to each their own. Even if it's odd conspiracies, not wanting to use terms correctly or just throwing hasty generalizations."

If the horse doesn't want to drink, i'm not going to lead them to water

#29 of 59 Guy Foulard

Guy Foulard

Second Unit

• 311 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 02:38 PM

From the George Feltenstein Reddit chat earlier today:

Sir:

What is the status of the series release of the 1972 NBC program "Search"? WAC comments on Facebook have said it is in the works. And someone on a Name Of The Game list (of all places) said WAC is going to the film elements for transfers of "Search". He also mentioned Blu-rays, which would be great, but I can't possible imagine that to be the case. (And bravo for the great release of the original series pilot "Probe.")

•  

[–]warnerarchive-george

SEARCH fans, do not lose hope. The negatives are at our Warner Bros. Motion Picture Imaging facility awaiting the remastering process. Your patience will be rewarded!

#30 of 59 Guy Foulard

Guy Foulard

Second Unit

• 311 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 02:45 PM

More from George Feltenstein:

We are thrilled to have, after many years of trying to do so, brought DR. KILDARE to DVD, and we are proud of the new remastered episodes you saw in Season 1. Season 2 is on the way, as is more of THE F.B.I. and MEDICAL CENTER. Clearance issues preclude a release of the full series of 77 SUNSET STRIP on DVD and Instant at the present time, but we are obviously aware of the high demand and just as we did for KILDARE, we will keep up the good fight to try and get 77 SUNSET on the disc.

Some old TV show requests - Mr. Novak, Sam Benedict, Cains Hundred, Adam's Rib, Hank and Warner Brothers Presents (which was talked about several years ago).

We're investigating clearance and film element issues on ALL of them, and it is likely that some, if not all, will surface, either on DVD through WAC, or on Warner Archive Instant streaming, or both.

Will you release Spenser: For Hire on DVD with special features or pass it on to Time Life? Or put it on a streaming service available to more than just the United States?

SPENSER plans are in the works...Can't say more than that except that it will be from Warner, not a 3rd party :). Thanks!

Chat found here (I may have missed some items):

http://www.reddit.co...ner_archive_at/

Edited by Guy Foulard, August 14 2013 - 03:08 PM.

• Randy Korstick and Ron1973 like this

#31 of 59 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 04:05 PM

At least we know the Archives are doing all they can to release newer classics onto the DVD format and I'm all for that. Just waiting now for the Shemp Vitaphone Volume 2 DVD release.

#32 of 59 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 817 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 05:35 PM

I only got part of the interview, what was the TV movie that was Mr. Fedelstein was talking about?

James?

#33 of 59 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,082 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 07:58 AM

I think that basically pretty much anything that they own, either Warner produced or from their MGM and Lorimar buyouts, is in play for Archive release or their streaming service, provided there aren't music issues. Then it just becomes a matter of priority and demand. How they determine these things I have no idea. Lucan is on their streaming service as is Jericho. Unfortunately, all of the hour action-adventure shows are chock full of musical numbers and that is likely going to be a huge obstacle. 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Surfside Six, Bourbon Street Beat, Roaring 20s and The Alaskans I fear all fall into that category.

Edited by Neil Brock, August 15 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#34 of 59 John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 744 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted August 15 2013 - 09:16 AM

Almost every Hawaiian Eye on the streaming service has musical numbers.  77 Sunset Strip didn't have them as often, originally, as HE (which was a showcase for Connie Stevens), but certainly had them.  They have just partial seasons of the detective shows on Instant, falling in line with what George Feltenstein said about full seasons and clearances.

#35 of 59 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,522 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 10:08 AM

I think that basically pretty much anything that they own, either Warner produced or from their MGM and Lorimar buyouts, is in play for Archive release or their streaming service, provided there aren't music issues. Then it just becomes a matter of priority and demand. How they determine these things I have no idea. Lucan is on their streaming service as is Jericho. Unfortunately, all of the hour action-adventure shows are chock full of musical numbers and that is likely going to be a huge obstacle. 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Surfside Six, Bourbon Street Beat, Roaring 20s and The Alaskans I fear all fall into that category.

What about The Dakotas?  Music issues there too, or just low demand?

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#36 of 59 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,119 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted August 15 2013 - 12:08 PM

The Archives are reissuing OOP Paramount titles now.

Is this just a licensing deal or something like that, or do they have access to Paramount's library?

I onlhy wonder because so many CBS/P shows have stalled out, and I'd take complete seasons of The Beverly Hillbillies from anyone.

• Ron1973 likes this

#37 of 59 Ron1973

Ron1973

• 1,105 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted August 15 2013 - 03:55 PM

The Archives are reissuing OOP Paramount titles now.

Is this just a licensing deal or something like that, or do they have access to Paramount's library?

I onlhy wonder because so many CBS/P shows have stalled out, and I'd take complete seasons of The Beverly Hillbillies from anyone.

According to the CBS Digital site, they are remastering The Beverly Hillbillies right now. When we can expect a release, though, is a different story.

Find me on Facebook

My blog

#38 of 59 Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,554 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 05:33 PM

POPULAR

What about The Dakotas?  Music issues there too, or just low demand?

I'm 99.99% sure there are no music issues with this series.  It's about demand (although I'm demanding it).  ;)

Gary "this is one of the lesser known WB westerns that I'd truly love to have" O.

• Professor Echo, Richard V and Ron1973 like this
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#39 of 59 Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,521 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted August 16 2013 - 10:13 AM

Gary "this is one of the lesser known WB westerns that I'd truly love to have" O.

Of course, you and I would both love to have THE DAKOTAS, but as far as TV westerns go, nothing can or will ever compare to FRONTIER CIRCUS.

It's a Frontier. AND it's a Circus.

• Gary OS likes this

#40 of 59 Ron1973

Ron1973

• 1,105 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted August 16 2013 - 10:33 AM

I still wish they'd pull "Enos" out of the vault and do it. One season wonder that spun off from The Dukes of Hazzard. It's a "one and done" proposition.

Find me on Facebook

My blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users