What's new

What Will Warner Archive's Next Release Be? (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Warner is very unpredictable in their releases, so what comes next?

My own personal guesses are that they finish Tarzan or Courtship/Eddie's Father.

I hope it's Daktari Season 3, but I kind of doubt it.

Maybe they will through in a curve ball and start a new series.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Were there any new releases today? It looks like the same 47 that have been up for a week. I could easily be wrong, but I'm wondering if the 4th of July falling on Thursday means either No New Releases (Holiday week) or New Releases and some sorta sale on Thursday. Ah well ... we'll find out soon.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Only a couple movie announcements. No TV stuff.

Tarzan I don't think is going to appear until about December or so because they were slow to announce that they'd begun remastering on it.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I would say Courship of Eddies Father, Another Season of Cheyenne and The F.B.I. are all strong bets for this year. Daktari had Season 2 released not too long so probably not until next year. Another Season of Sugarfoot, Dr. Kildare, Alice, Eight is Enough and Tarzan are all strong posibilities. As far as new shows maybe another Warner Western or a Detective show.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
The Obsolete Man said:
I'm hoping they eventually remember they have Welcome Back, Kotter hanging around the vaults and it stalled out at retail after season 1.
I remember the WBA rep on Facebook saying he didn't expect more Kotter. It must not have done too well. :-(

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I would've thought sales numbers should matter less with MOD releases, now that they press discs with no expected time frame in mind as far as copies sold but now indefinitely available. Otherwise why go DVD-R at all and not just stick with standard DVD, it's supposed to be cheaper for them this way after all.

Some of those I'm hoping they'll get around to eventually, may fall in the less known category that's precisely why they should do them MOD being the perfect avenue. Archive releases shouldn't be a popularity contest, it should be a service for everything but mainstream titles.

Three titles I'm waiting for, The Mississippi with Ralph Waite (co-production with his own company), Kaz with Ron Leibman and King's Crossing with Linda Hamilton, would be rated rare shows undoubtedly but ideal for MOD and finding new audiences. The Waite show already with built-in audience via fans of The Waltons.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
I hope they will release their detectice TV series: 77 Sunset Street, Hawaiian Eye, Bourbon Street Beat and Surfside 6. I honestly think there's a big enough market for these TV series to be made on DVD

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
WB Archives has stuff to come out for years and years and years.I'd like to see them amp up production of their tv shows to two a week. One cartoon or rare show or "bigge" show like F.B.I. Or Alice.Hope everyone gets somethingJames

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
How about Hank, Adam's Rib, The Little People, Many Happy Returns, Mr. Novak, Cain's Hundred, Sam Benedict, Temple Houston, The Dakotas, The Alaskans, The Islanders, Doc Elliot or any of the other rarities in the vaults? Probably not. Most likely continuations of series previously started.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Neil Brock said:
How about Hank, Adam's Rib, The Little People, Many Happy Returns, Mr. Novak, Cain's Hundred, Sam Benedict, Temple Houston, The Dakotas, The Alaskans, The Islanders, Doc Elliot or any of the other rarities in the vaults? Probably not. Most likely continuations of series previously started.
Those are all excellent choices Neil, I would have a hard time NOT purchasing most everything on that list.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I think releases for years and years is their plan. I can see the desire for faster releases but that would mean the quality would have to drop to match the speed you are suggesting. I wouldn't sacrifice the time they spend securing the original music, making sure the episodes are complete and last but not least the remastering and/or digital cleanup done on the episodes for a faster release.
JamesSmith said:
WB Archives has stuff to come out for years and years and years.I'd like to see them amp up production of their tv shows to two a week. One cartoon or rare show or "bigge" show like F.B.I. Or Alice.Hope everyone gets somethingJames

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Well, I can tell you for a fact that when Turner owned MGM he mastered the entire TV show library from 35mm onto 1-inch tape. Now, whether or not all of those tapes made their way intact over to Warner, I can't say. But at least as of 15 years ago everything existed in remastered and beautiful form.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Good News!
Cheyenne Season 6 is up for pre-order and will be released this Tuesday 7/30/13. After this theres only one more season to go so this show could be complete this year. I hope Bronco, Lawman and Colt .45 are coming up soon.

Reactions: EdG

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Randy Korstick said:
Good News!
Cheyenne Season 6 is up for pre-order and will be released this Tuesday 7/30/13. After this theres only one more season to go so this show could be complete this year. I hope Bronco, Lawman and Colt .45 are coming up soon.
Will the season-six set have "A Man Called Ragan," the final episode of the season? This episode, a pilot for The Dakotas, was skipped in syndication, at least in the Encore Westerns run of the show.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Dan McW said:
Will the season-six set have "A Man Called Ragan," the final episode of the season? This episode, a pilot for The Dakotas, was skipped in syndication, at least in the Encore Westerns run of the show.
I bet they will or they would have said something by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks