Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 of 30 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,609 posts

Posted July 11 2013 - 08:06 AM

dkfront.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#22 of 30 OFFLINE   Kevin EK

Kevin EK

Screenwriter

• 2,822 posts

Posted July 11 2013 - 11:42 AM

This looks to me to just be the earlier Blus put in a box with a new disc with a couple of featurettes.  (Sounds like the Bond 50 Box, in a way)

I have no need to spend any more on these movies when I already own the Blus as they are.

I don't mind the transfers and I can switch up the audio at the top of the movie.  But I'm not going to shell out a bunch of coin just to buy the same discs again.

#23 of 30 OFFLINE   Patrick H.

Patrick H.

Second Unit

• 476 posts

Posted July 12 2013 - 12:55 PM

It's tough to tell with Warners, though...with the recent Mad Max trilogy set, everyone assumed the first two films would be the existing discs.  While the MGM one was, The Road Warrior wasn't...it'd been upgraded with a new video encode and a bump to DTS-MA.  So even if the transfers are the same, they might redo the film discs with more current video/audio encodes.  The disc art looks to be different, at least, so that's something...

#24 of 30 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,262 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 05:46 PM

I see no indication that these discs offer any different transfers/encoding from the pre-existing Blu-rays.  I checked them out and couldn't find any differences, so if people hope for any visual/audio upgrades, they won't find them...

Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#25 of 30 OFFLINE   Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit

• 356 posts
  • LocationBrownsburg, IN

Posted September 25 2013 - 08:44 PM

Is there any review of this set coming? I'm not going to buy if the movie discs are reprints, but it would be good to get a confirmation.  Warners really needs to be called out on this if that is the case.  If a 2005 transfer with a 2008 encode is the best we're ever going to get for Batman Begins, that's a real shame.

IMPERIAL OFFICER: Lord Vader, I can't find the Central Navigational Network!

VADER (points to control panel): This......is CNN.

#26 of 30 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,227 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 09:11 AM

So does this set include ALL previous extra festures? I mean I don't own any of these films.

#27 of 30 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,262 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 10:05 AM

Is there any review of this set coming? I'm not going to buy if the movie discs are reprints, but it would be good to get a confirmation.  Warners really needs to be called out on this if that is the case.  If a 2005 transfer with a 2008 encode is the best we're ever going to get for Batman Begins, that's a real shame.

As I already mentioned, the movie discs are identical to the previous ones.  The set repackages the movie discs and adds a new one with bonus materials as well as the toys and whatnot...

So does this set include ALL previous extra festures? I mean I don't own any of these films.

Yes - again, these are literally the same discs with new artwork on them...

Colin Jacobson

#28 of 30 OFFLINE   Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit

• 356 posts
  • LocationBrownsburg, IN

Posted September 26 2013 - 01:23 PM

As I already mentioned, the movie discs are identical to the previous ones.  The set repackages the movie discs and adds a new one with bonus materials as well as the toys and whatnot...

Yes - again, these are literally the same discs with new artwork on them...

You sound like you're getting a little testy there, man.  Nobody required you to repeat yourself if you didn't want to.  I was asking if there was going to be an official review of the set.

#29 of 30 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,262 posts

Posted September 30 2013 - 10:39 AM

You sound like you're getting a little testy there, man.  Nobody required you to repeat yourself if you didn't want to.  I was asking if there was going to be an official review of the set.

And you asked if there was "confirmation" that the discs were the same..

• TonyD likes this
Colin Jacobson

#30 of 30 OFFLINE   Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit

• 356 posts
  • LocationBrownsburg, IN

Posted October 04 2013 - 01:47 AM

Anyway....has anyone from Warners weighed in on why such a major title did not receive a much-asked-for remaster for an "Ultimate" release?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users