What's new

1776 playing in Santa Monica tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Just wanted to give a heads up to any members in LA that want to come support 1776, there's a screening at the Aero theater in Santa Monica July 3 at 7:30. I'll be there with Peter Hunt who will do a Q&A afterwards. Perhaps Sony will take some notice of this screening being well attended and get the Blu plans moving again!In any case would be good to meet some of the other forum members! I'm hard to miss, I'll be the larger 6'4 guy there with short partly blond hair lol.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Gee, I just can't imagine what some of the Q&A discussion might be about... :)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I think any fans from here know what the intent for the Blu is, so maybe other questions might get asked that we haven't heard a thousand times lol

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
Moe,

Wish I could be there.

Have a great screening.
+1
Steve Tannehill said:
Maybe someone could film Mr. Hunt's remarks and post it.
+1

Moe must be waiting the egg...to...hatch on that screening. I know I would be if I were anywhere in the vicinity.

I have already planned to have my own screening this week. An annual event around Independence Day!
smilie_flagge13.gif

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
It's sort of work to be there for me, but not a job I mind as Mr Hunt is my boss.If you guys have any questions and can't be there, put them here and I'll get them answers, but of course, be respectful and with the knowledge that the plan is to put all the footage back in for the Blu!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'd be there if I could! Hey, have a showing in the NYC area sometime!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
All the footage would definitely be welcome.Of course the big question is: When?Also, any chance of commentaries? Daniels, Howard, Cullum, Danner, and others are still with us.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Charles Smith said:
I'd be there if I could! Hey, have a showing in the NYC area sometime!
We ran it at the Paramount in Middletown, NY, a couple of years ago. It's the "Director's Cut" version - same as the DVD. Looked and sounded very nice.

Good luck with the show, Moe.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Is the version they show on TCM the same as the DVD or what will be screening in Santa Monica if different ? Wish I could be there but not practical from NY.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Here is the little sidebar that appeared in The Los Angeles Times yesterday:From the Los Angeles TimesAMERICAN HISTORY, SET TO MUSICGwyneth Paltrow’s mom, Blythe Danner, sings the tender love song “He Plays the Violin,” in the 1972 patriotic movie musical “1776,” which screens Wednesday at the American Cinematheque’s Aero Theater in Santa Monica. Danner plays Martha Jefferson in this faithful adaptation of the Tony Award-winning 1969 Broadway hit about the Founding Fathers signing the Declaration of Independence. Peter Hunt, who won the Tony for directing the play, helmed this enjoyable history lesson, which featured numerous members of the Broadway cast, including William Daniels, Ken Howard and Howard Da Silva. Hunt will be on hand for a Q&A after the screening. The film will also screen Thursday on TCM.(July 1, 2013)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave B Ferris said:
Gwyneth Paltrow’s mom, Blythe Danner...
:laugh: I suppose that's what happens when your children achieve a certain level of celebrity. It would make any parent proud for their child to succeed. But it must be kind of hard for the a performer with their own ego in play to be referred to in that manner.

Think of it. An article about a showing of 1776 and the first two words are "Gwyneth Paltrow!" I "get" it..but I don't agree with it. Hopefully the publicist didn't send out the press release that way...

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mike Frezon said:
:laugh: I suppose that's what happens when your children achieve a certain level of celebrity. It would make any parent proud for their child to succeed. But it must be kind of hard for the a performer with their own ego in play to be referred to in that manner.

Think of it. An article about a showing of 1776 and the first two words are "Gwyneth Paltrow!" I "get" it..but I don't agree with it. Hopefully the publicist didn't send out the press release that way...
They also could have lead off with "Advice Columnist Ann Lander's ex-son-in-law Ken Howard was also in it."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks