Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

VEG/Shock's "Hollywood Gold" series upgrades titles to Blu (Australia)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 of 87 OFFLINE   Persianimmortal

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter

• 1,059 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted June 18 2014 - 10:20 PM

Cover art for "Moby Dick":

attachicon.giftimthumb.jpg

Our gigantic ratings logos really do ruin covers.

#82 of 87 OFFLINE   Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann

Supporting Actor

• 583 posts

Posted June 19 2014 - 07:35 AM

My Australian LA DOLCE VITA from DaaVeeDee arrived.  Had some friends over for a screening party.  It's a drop dead gorgeous BD in glorious widescreen black and white.  Quite of few tasty extras.  Highly recommended!

• Robin9 likes this

#83 of 87 OFFLINE   atfree

atfree

Screenwriter

• 1,143 posts
  • LocationBoiling Springs, South Carolina

Posted July 31 2014 - 07:03 AM

Does anyone know if VEG/Shock are going to continue the Hollywood Gold Series blu's? I have purchased several and have been pleased with the quality, as well being able to get BD's of films not released on BD in the US yet (Exodus, The Devils Brigade, etc). I know they just released Moby Dick and Inherit with Wind but beyond those I've not seen or heard much about future release.

Thanks in advance!

Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.  Roger Thornhill (Cary Grant), Hitchcock's North By Northwest (1959)

My Blu-Ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...on.php?u=153595

My modest setup: TV- Panny TC-P46ST30; HT- Panny SC-BTT370 Blu-ray Home Theater System; Satellite: Directv HR24 HD-DVR; Gaming: Sony PS3

#84 of 87 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,891 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 31 2014 - 03:00 PM

They tend to announce their titles fairly close to projected release dates.  I asked them about future titles on their FB page recently and there are several on the slate for this year.  I anticipate we'll see some more titles announced soon.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#85 of 87 OFFLINE   atfree

atfree

Screenwriter

• 1,143 posts
  • LocationBoiling Springs, South Carolina

Posted July 31 2014 - 03:22 PM

They tend to announce their titles fairly close to projected release dates. I asked them about future titles on their FB page recently and there are several on the slate for this year. I anticipate we'll see some more titles announced soon.

Thanks!

Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.  Roger Thornhill (Cary Grant), Hitchcock's North By Northwest (1959)

My Blu-Ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...on.php?u=153595

My modest setup: TV- Panny TC-P46ST30; HT- Panny SC-BTT370 Blu-ray Home Theater System; Satellite: Directv HR24 HD-DVR; Gaming: Sony PS3

#86 of 87 OFFLINE   lionel59

lionel59

Second Unit

• 458 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted September 29 2014 - 03:05 AM

I ordered this for under AUS $15 from an Australian Ebay seller (inc. local shipping)..

It has been a more expensive title for some reason than the other SHOCK classic blu-rays

Great 1.78:1 transfer. First Blu Ray release in any country as far as I know. Witty screenplay by the great Joseph L. Mankiewicz and all the cast is good, particularly Susan Hayward in a rare comedy role. (aka IT COMES UP MURDER)

imgLoading_30x30.gif5021456181735.jpg

#87 of 87 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,891 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted November 18 2014 - 08:43 PM

Shock has announced "Pretty Poison", starring Anthony Perkins and Tuesday Weld, for March 4th.  Part of their 'Cult Cinema' range.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users