Hi all, I had a home reno project go a little awry and am hoping the experts here can get me back on track.
Here is the setup I had working fine before the reno (all connected through HDMI):
TV - Samsung PN64D550C1FXZA
Blu Ray - Panny DMP - BDT220
We put in new flooring and since we were out of the house figured it was a good time to have our electrician mount our tv to the wall and run an HDMI cable to our laundry room and get the components out of the vicinity of where our 6 month old is learning to grab things.
I ran a 60 foot Monoprice HDMI cable from the TV back to the laundry room and reconnected it to the Onkyo. Now, the TV is not recognizing any signal from the receiver.
I’m sure the simplest solution is the cable is bad – I know long runs of HDMI tend not to do well but this one got great reviews. But there does appear to be SOMETHING passing from the receiver to the TV as when I turn on the blu ray and the receiver (on the blu ray input) the tv turns on automatically to the input from the receiver but then displays the “no signal” message. I have tested both the blu ray and receiver on another aux input to tv and it works, so the receiver and blu ray are working.
Here is what I have been able to deduce so far:
• My TV recognizes the long HDMI cable plugged in to its input
• When the long HDMI cable is connected to OUT MAIN on the avr the receiver display does not show that a blu ray is playing, does not show the audio type (dolby dts, thx, etc), nor does the speaker setup show on the left of avr display
• When I disconnect the long HDMI cable from OUT MAIN all of the above DOES display – it looks like it always has when I‘ve played a blu ray
• Components have been unplugged for about three weeks, but I wouldn’t think that matters. I went through the Onkyo on screen setup and my configuration seems to be the same as when I disconnected it
• Prior to the project I would often connect my PC to the front HDMI Aux input of the Onkyo to show family pictures etc. I tried this tonight after I was unable to get the blu ray to work. The avr does not recognize a signal from my pc while connected to the aux input. This has never been a problem
Not sure where to go from here other than calling Geek Squad.
Any and all ideas are appreciated.
Thanks in advance,