Disney

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,091 posts

Posted June 30 2013 - 07:01 AM

You told us eons ago that ABSENT-MINDED PROFESSOR/SON OF FLUBBER and POLLYANNA were coming to Blu (last year).

Apparently you are intent upon getting all of your animation features out by the end of 2014 or so, which is great, but...

You have something like one hundred desirable live-action classics (pre-1980) that are languishing in your vaults and/or on (largely) sub-par DVD's.

Give us a sign, please, oh Mighty Ducks!

Edited by Dick, June 30 2013 - 10:32 AM.

• classicmovieguy likes this

#2 of 12 MarkA

MarkA

Stunt Coordinator

• 154 posts

Posted June 30 2013 - 09:17 AM

Yes, please!

#3 of 12 trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 699 posts

Posted June 30 2013 - 09:43 AM

Where is BELOVED?

#4 of 12 classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 30 2013 - 01:19 PM

After "Babes in Toyland" I was hoping we'd be seeing more Walt-era live action titles on Blu...  

• MatthewA likes this

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#5 of 12 Mark Pytel

Mark Pytel

Stunt Coordinator

• 225 posts

Posted June 30 2013 - 02:08 PM

I agree, I was hoping for more blu-ray releases this year such as Mr Hollands Opus, Metro, Encino Man etc. I was hoping upon hope that they would've announced more titles. Sadly, they didn't even release all the ones they announced. I'm still waiting for their announced for 2012 Flubber, Son of FLubber, Absent Minded Professor etc. Any insiders know what happened to these? Did Disney decide to release more of their animated films this year and skip out on the live films? Or did the past batch of live films sell poorly, get bad reviews?

#6 of 12 classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 30 2013 - 03:03 PM

I'm hoping it's a case of Disney saying "let's take our time and make sure the elements are in pristine shape before committing to Blu", rather than abandonment altogether.

• MatthewA and dana martin like this

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

#7 of 12 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,200 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 30 2013 - 03:21 PM

I bet The Happiest Millionaire will look astonishing on Blu.  The Roadshow DVD looks pretty good as it is.

THM is one of my personal favorites. 

• MatthewA likes this

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#8 of 12 classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 30 2013 - 03:22 PM

I have both the Anchor Bay and later Disney re-issues of the Roadshow "Happiest Millionaire" - the only downer is the lack of anamorphic enhancement.

#9 of 12 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,017 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted June 30 2013 - 06:27 PM

I'd like a Blu-ray of The Moon-Spinners with correct aspect ratio.

• classicmovieguy likes this

#10 of 12 classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 30 2013 - 06:53 PM

The editions of "Moon-Spinners" available in the UK and Australia, I'm told, are in the proper aspect - will need to check them out one day.

#11 of 12 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,200 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 30 2013 - 07:35 PM

I suppose my secondary list would include:  The One & Only Original Family Band and Summer Magic.

Also:  Incredible Journey and Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey.

I have both the Anchor Bay and later Disney re-issues of the Roadshow "Happiest Millionaire" - the only downer is the lack of anamorphic enhancement.

I only have the Anchor Bay version--the flipper disc.  I never bought any of the Disney releases as I was always under the impression that it is the same exact release. 

In fact, I just watched this about a week ago (the first time on my 55" set) and thought it didn't look too bad.  What a fun film.  The Sherman Brothers are favorites of mine.  I find the entire thing a delight.  But I am in a clear minority in my family...  :laugh:

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#12 of 12 classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 30 2013 - 07:44 PM

It seems to me that some of the music during the Entr'acte and/or Exit Music is slightly different on the latter Disney release.  The flipper-disc Anchor Bay DVD was one of the first DVDs I ever bought - almost 12 years ago now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users