What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7-2-2013 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Posted Image

– Zero Mostel& Gene Wilder(The Producers – 1967)

Posted Image

– The TroubleWith Harry– 1955

Posted Image

–Kentucky FriedMovie– 1977

Posted Image

–Cast(Last Resort– 2012/2013) 

The Prices
Posted Image
Clickon the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable linkon a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
6 Souls $19.99 $19.99
56 Up $26.96
An American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky $12.96 $14.99 $12.99
The Autobiography of Nicolae Ceausescu $24.99 $24.99
Best of Warner Bros 20 Film CollectionComedy $89.99 $89.99
Blood Runs Cold $12.99 $12.99
Good Day for a Hanging $6.99 $8.99
The House I Live In  [2012] $12.99 $12.99
Inescapable $19.99 $19.99
Last Resort: The Complete First Season $27.99 $24.99
Least Among Saints $9.99 $9.99
Legends of the Old West   $14.99 $14.99
The Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis: TheComplete Series $118.99 $124.99
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 3 $14.99 $14.99
The Night Visitor $14.99 $14.99
Tai Chi Hero $12.99 $12.99
Tower Block $14.99 $14.99
The Up Series $71.96
Venus & Serena $20.83 $24.99
Why We Laugh: Funny Women $14.99 $14.99
Wiener Dog Nationals $24.99 $24.99

Posted Image
Click on theAmazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickablelink on a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
6 Souls $19.99 $19.99
An American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky $18.89 $24.99
Blood for Irina   $29.99 $24.99
The Curtis Harrington Short FilmCollection $39.95
The Dick Van Dyke Show [Season 4]   $41.99 $59.99
Inescapable $26.98 $12.99
The Kentucky Fried Movie $16.99 $16.99
The Producers $24.96 $24.99
Tai Chi Hero $14.99 $14.99
Tower Block $19.99 $19.99
The Trouble with Harry $16.99
Venus & Serena   $24.99 $24.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer:All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from theirprinted Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by eachchain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the websiteprice.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week inthe RoundUp.The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well asthose which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers(and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this,and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don'tcomplain! If there is a title not includedin the RoundUp that youwant to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough topost and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp.They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, sothere is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR localWal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still outof business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their pricesanyway).

TheSpecials

--AtBest Buy, this week, not much. 

--BestBuy has the following 3-D Blu-ray titles for $19.99: Despicable Me, The Lorax, ParaNorman.  AND, purchseselect 3-D and Blu-ray movies and get your own pair of 3-D DespicableMe goggles for only $4.99.  Glassesare $9.99 whensold separately.  Compatible with passive 3-D electronics andnot for use as sunglasses.  Minimum of 2 per store. No rainchecks.  Despicable Me 2 in theaters 7-3-13. 

--You can also pre-orderthe Despicable Me 2 Blu-ray Combo Pack at Best Buy and get a sneak peekof the movie on CinemaNow, instantly...along with a a digital versionof the movie before it's in stores and the Blu Combo Pack on releasedate.  In-store pre-orderrequires a $14.99 payment (I guess BB really thinks they've gotsomething here!).  Minimum 5 pre-order cards per store. No rainchecks.  

--Onelast Despicable Me 2 note.  Purchase select LG HDTVs at BB andget a 3-D Blu-ray player (LG Model BP530 $119.99 value) and a pair ofthose Despicable Me 2 3-D goggles ($9.99 value).

--BBhas another pre-order.  Pre-Order the Blu-ray Combo Pack of 42starting 7-2-13 (in store or at BestBuy.com/42) and watch early in HDon CinemaNow.  Then, get your Blu Combo Pack starting 7-16-13.  In-storepre-order requires a $14.99 payment (AGAIN...I guess BB really thinksthey'vegot something here!).  Minimum 5 pre-order cards per store. Norainchecks.  

--BestBuy Odds and Ends: A list of DVDs for $9.99 apiece.

--AtTarget, this week,even less (than Best Buy). 

--Targetthis week has anEXCLUSIVE RELEASE of...drumroll, please...American Girl: Saige Paintsthe Sky.  Includes a 32-page Sketchbook by Saige. (Personally, I think you folks better get there when yourlocal store opens Tuesday morning.  These might be flying offthe shelves.)

--Target has the following TV Shows on DVD on sale this week (more in-store):

$17.99:  Gossip Girl: Season 6
$19.99:  Covert Affairs:Season3, Falling Skies: S2.

$24.99: Fringe: Season 5, Suits: S2.

$26.99: ModernFamily: S3 

$29.99: WalkingDead: S2

$34.99: TrueBlood: Season 5

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0);]--Thefollowing titlesare listed on-sale at Target:

EscapeFrom PlanetEarth:  $14.99 DVD/$19.99 3-D Blu Combo Pack.

AGood Day to Die Hard:$9.99 DVD/Blu Combo Pack $19.99

--Target has a list of $5 DVDs.  Buy two $5 DVDs and get onefree theater box candy.  Locatedin candy aisle. Free offer quantities limited.  No rainchecks[/color].

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I guess I can finally upgrade my KFM after it drops a bit.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Boy, every once in a while, we have a week like this with practically nothing new of note being released. I will get The Producers somewhere down the line.

And it's a rare week when there is nothing being released that has been assigned to me for review. So, I guess this qualifies as my summer vacation!

Thanks, Mike!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Producers and Kentucky Fried Movie for sure, but not at those list prices. For those who like BN, their B2G1 sale is still on this week and those 2 are currently eligible. If paired with 2 similar priced items, that would decrease the overall price or Producers to $16 and KFM to around $11 each -- a little less if you can do it in store. Not many coupons around right now either to help.

Shout Factory items aren;t known for super aggressive sales prices so it may take some work to get them a lot lower anytime soon.
BN 50% Criterion Sale starts next week (July 9) so something to look forward to and BBY next Upgrade and Save should start on the 14th

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks Mike!

Relatively slow week with the 4th of July holiday in the mix. I'm very tempted to pick up The Producers but will wait until it falls below $20 first.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
Boy, every once in a while, we have a week like this with practically nothing new of note being released. I will get The Producers somewhere down the line.

And it's a rare week when there is nothing being released that has been assigned to me for review. So, I guess this qualifies as my summer vacation!
Happy summer vacation, Matt!

Adding links to text in an html editor's box is still proving to be a challenge for me. Sorry that I haven't kept up with inserting all your mid-week reviews into the OPs of the threads.

I believe we have now entered what we can refer to as "the summer doldrums" in terms of releases. There will be some new stuff of note coming down the pike...just not as much of it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Mike Frezon said:
Happy summer vacation, Matt!

Adding links to text in an html editor's box is still proving to be a challenge for me. Sorry that I haven't kept up with inserting all your mid-week reviews into the OPs of the threads.

I believe we have now entered what we can refer to as "the summer doldrums" in terms of releases. There will be some new stuff of note coming down the pike...just not as much of it.
Thanks! Review-wise, things will pick up next week and then August will be very busy leading into the fall months which are crazy.

I knew something must be a problem since you've always been so good about updating review links. Hope you can sort it out eventually. No problem, however, if you can't.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
I knew something must be a problem since you've always been so good about updating review links. Hope you can sort it out eventually. No problem, however, if you can't.
Basically, I enter the entire WRU now as HTML source code. It has allowed me to do some things I couldn't do before.

But, the problem is that I cannot edit the posts WYSIWYG. I can only edit them in source code mode and I am not that skilled yet to figure out how to add a clickable link that way.

I've got an HTML editor that I use as part of the process. I could enter the link using it...but that means I need to keep constantly updating two different WRUs...making twice the work...blah blah blah...

I'm sure I'll figure it out soon. It's about the only part of this new process I have yet to conquer.

I'm pleased with the rest of the result, though. Personally, I like the new grids and the way they fill the workspace. I really like the alternating line shading. And, I've shaved off a fair amount of time that it takes each week putting the threads together. Once I get the link thing figured out, I'll be in pretty good shape.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So I was going to complain that there was an issue with a link on the name Kentucky Fried Movie taking me to eBay, when I discovered it was because I was not logged in. I guess non-members get attacked with viglinks.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Rodney said:
So I was going to complain that there was an issue with a link on the name Kentucky Fried Movie taking me to eBay, when I discovered it was because I was not logged in. I guess non-members get attacked with viglinks.
Attacked?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mark-P said:
I thought prices/sales were forbidden in that thread?
Ooops. Is that true? :blush:

Then, good catch.

You could always start a separate thread in the Bargains section if you'd like. That might get some more attention to the sale. It's a pretty darn good one.

Hmmmmmm. I just checked the WA thread. I started on page 1 to see if such an announcement was made by Ron in the OP. There isn't any, Post #3 is news of a sale and there was also a mention of a code for a sale at the bottom of the page.

I then checked the last two pages and there was all kinds of talk about sales. I'd say go for it. If anyone says anything, I'll have your back (rather publicly) in THIS very post! :thumbs-up-smiley: Personally, I think that would be the obvious best place to let people know about the sale.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I stopped in my last local Blockbuster store tonight and found a BOGO deal on any used title (less than $29.99).

This is being billed as a "4th of July sale" and runs today through July 8th.

As is often the case, anything that caught my eye was a title I already had. My local store looked like it had a lot less used inventory on hand (than, say, a few months ago). There were two tables and one section of wall shelves of used discs (mostly DVDs) instead of 5 or 6 tables along with the shelf space.

I did make a purchase. The BD of End of Watch and the DVD of Terms of Endearment. The latter disc should signal an imminent Blu-ray release of ToE! :biggrin: Just doin' my part to hurry some of these things along. I have never owned that title on disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks