Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Alpha Video Sale at Oldies.com

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   bigshot

bigshot

Screenwriter

• 1,513 posts

Posted June 29 2013 - 02:14 PM

Lots of weird old movies for sale... 5 DVDs for $25 with free shipping over $20.

I picked up some Roach and Keystone comedy shorts, some musicals with jazz stars, a few Lon Chaney Sr features I haven't seen yet and a bunch of episodes of Lights Out. Lots of serials too.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 2,531 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 29 2013 - 02:30 PM

The Alpha label DVDs are normally available on Oldies (their parent company) via this "5 for $25" deal.  Should be noted that Alpha are in the process of transitioning all of their back-catalogue to DVD-R discs - most of the latest batches of releases have been DVD-R.  Cost cutting I suppose.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   David Steigman

David Steigman

Supporting Actor

• 649 posts

Posted June 30 2013 - 06:36 AM

Yeah noticed that, when the cheap get cheaper I guess. Alpha MOD ha ha 

I have a handful of their movies that I wish would be released by other companies that clean up the transfers

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby

Screenwriter

• 1,119 posts
  • LocationKent "The Garden of England", UK

Posted June 30 2013 - 07:28 AM

I have some of their movies, my favourites being Fog Island starring the wonderful George Zucco (and Lionel Atwill), and The Lady Confesses with the lovely Mary Beth Hughes. Both films were from PRC and released in 1945. I would buy anything with George and Mary Beth on blu-ray.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   David Steigman

David Steigman

Supporting Actor

• 649 posts

Posted June 30 2013 - 09:08 AM

I have some of their movies, my favourites being Fog Island starring the wonderful George Zucco (and Lionel Atwill), and The Lady Confesses with the lovely Mary Beth Hughes. Both films were from PRC and released in 1945. I would buy anything with George and Mary Beth on blu-ray.

You should check out the Great Flamarion and I Accuse my Parents (if you havent already) they have Mary Beth Hughes in them. I used to have the Alpha DVD of Great Flamarion but found an import DVD

I have a lot of the Alpha mysteries like The Sphynx, Sinister hands, 13th Guest, Wayne Murder Case, Murder at Dawn, etc They are fun little lazy Sunday type of movies :)

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby

Screenwriter

• 1,119 posts
  • LocationKent "The Garden of England", UK

Posted June 30 2013 - 09:23 AM

These b & w films that last little over an hour are a lot of fun The titles you mention and the Sherlock Holmes films with Basil Rathbone (George Zucco appears in several of the series). And of course Mary Beth Hughes, who has always been a great favourite of mine, is in the Michael Shayne series.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 695 posts

Posted July 03 2013 - 05:17 PM

The Oldies.com $3.99 each sale is on for ALPHA titles until July 8th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users