What's new

Alpha Video Sale at Oldies.com (1 Viewer)

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Lots of weird old movies for sale... 5 DVDs for $25 with free shipping over $20.

I picked up some Roach and Keystone comedy shorts, some musicals with jazz stars, a few Lon Chaney Sr features I haven't seen yet and a bunch of episodes of Lights Out. Lots of serials too.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
The Alpha label DVDs are normally available on Oldies (their parent company) via this "5 for $25" deal. Should be noted that Alpha are in the process of transitioning all of their back-catalogue to DVD-R discs - most of the latest batches of releases have been DVD-R. Cost cutting I suppose.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Yeah noticed that, when the cheap get cheaper I guess. Alpha MOD ha ha
I have a handful of their movies that I wish would be released by other companies that clean up the transfers

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I have some of their movies, my favourites being Fog Island starring the wonderful George Zucco (and Lionel Atwill), and The Lady Confesses with the lovely Mary Beth Hughes. Both films were from PRC and released in 1945. I would buy anything with George and Mary Beth on blu-ray.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Keith Cobby said:
I have some of their movies, my favourites being Fog Island starring the wonderful George Zucco (and Lionel Atwill), and The Lady Confesses with the lovely Mary Beth Hughes. Both films were from PRC and released in 1945. I would buy anything with George and Mary Beth on blu-ray.
You should check out the Great Flamarion and I Accuse my Parents (if you havent already) they have Mary Beth Hughes in them. I used to have the Alpha DVD of Great Flamarion but found an import DVD
I have a lot of the Alpha mysteries like The Sphynx, Sinister hands, 13th Guest, Wayne Murder Case, Murder at Dawn, etc They are fun little lazy Sunday type of movies :)

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
These b & w films that last little over an hour are a lot of fun The titles you mention and the Sherlock Holmes films with Basil Rathbone (George Zucco appears in several of the series). And of course Mary Beth Hughes, who has always been a great favourite of mine, is in the Michael Shayne series.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The Oldies.com $3.99 each sale is on for ALPHA titles until July 8th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks