Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A few words about...™ The Howling -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,600 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 04:12 PM

Joe Dante's The Howling is a fun film.  Always has been.

Actually, any film with Slim Pickins in okay in my book.

The new Blu-ray from Scream Factory is a commendable affair, while not being exactly what one might wish.

Color and densities are fine, but the entire film has a touch of sharpening, and a slightly electronic look, neither of which is necessary.  I'm presuming that this is an older transfer set for DVD, but I could be wrong.

From a decent seating distance, there are no problems.

Some interesting extras are included.  One is a visit to the locations, apparently from a show entitled Horror's Hallowed Grounds, which seems to be a bit of a rip-off to my initial words, as written by Harrison Engle for the Vertigo documentary, as shot in San Francisco.

Regardless, this is another very acceptable quality release from Shout / Scream.

Image - 3.75

Audio - 5

Recommended.

RAH

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Stunt Coordinator

• 236 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted July 02 2013 - 04:50 PM

My understanding is that the HD master may be the one that Studiocanal used for their Region B releases a few years ago. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Few Words About

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users