What's new

Summer Recomendations (1 Viewer)

Afiger

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
Anyone have any good summer shows that might be worth watching? It seems like I can't find anything to watch this summer, which is frustrating since I've been doing a lot of over time and just want to sit down and relax for an hour after work. Thanks.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm a big fan of "Switched at Birth" on ABC Family on Mondays. You can catch up via Netflix. Canadian-import "Continuum" is pretty cheesy, but it's a fun little science fiction show on Syfy on Fridays. The first season for that is also available on Netflix. "Teen Wolf" on MTV has grown on me too. (First seasons also on Netflix). And of course "Under the Dome" just started on CBS Monday night.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This summer, I am or will be watching Breaking Bad, Futurama, The Killing, The Newsroom, True Blood and Under The Dome.

If you don't mind darker content, I'd say that Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever made. I think all the episodes are being rerun on AMC over the course of the summer too.

The Killing is a serialized show about a murder investigation. It's brutal and serious but you only really need to see this season's episodes to be able to keep up with the story.

True Blood is just a soap opera with vampires, gore and sex but it's so far into its run that it would be hard to keep up.

The Newsroom is an Aaron Sorkin show about a cable news show where the journalists actually are more concerned with doing a good job than chasing sensationalist garbage stories.

Futurama is always silly fun.

Under The Dome is one episode in and seems like it might be cool.

Adam Lenhardt said:
And of course "Under the Dome" just started on CBS Monday night.
And I think the pilot is even being rerun on Sunday.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Some of what we watch is Royal Pains, Falling Skys, Perception, Major Crimes all which have just started. Perception was just yesterday. Coming up are Suits, Top Chef Masters, Unforgetable and Hell on Wheels. A couple of new shows start up soon too which I will also check out. Over on FX is The Bridge and on USA Summer Camp.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
There is Longmire on A&E, as most of the episodes are standalone, which you can jump in anytime, and not really necessary to see all the episodes in order. Also, Franklin & Bash on TNT, which can be very cheesy, but still fun to watch. Maybe the shows on USA Network, like Royal Pains and Necessary Roughness.
I just started checking out Mistresses and Devious Maids, both of which, just recently started. Mistresses is becoming a guilty pleasure of mine, and have to see more on Devious Maids, before I make up my mind on that show.

I also really like Breaking Bad, Teen Wolf, and Falling Skies, but those are the type of shows where you have to start from the beginning, to really enjoy them.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
So You Think You Can Dance! And... and... and...

Holy shit, there is really nothing on. Even the stuff I was watching just because nothing else was on like Defiance and Family Tree are ending their runs.

Time for Netflix!

ETA: Copper on BBCA.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
ABC Family and TV Land have some decent comedies. I've watched and enjoyed "Baby Daddy," "Melissa & Joey," "The Exes," "Hot in Cleveland," and "The Soul Man." Disney Channel comedies are geared a little younger, but "Good Luck Charlie" is a good family sitcom. All have just started new seasons in the past couple of weeks.

I usually find my dial stopped on National Geographic Channel, Animal Planet, and Food Network at various times. As mentioned above, there's always Netflix, too.

I'd challenge the "nothing to watch" claim. :) Both TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly have recently put out pretty big issues extensively reporting and reviewing Summer TV.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Why not catch up on missed series via DVD/Bluray/Streaming?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks