#21 of 28 battlebeast

battlebeast

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted June 28 2013 - 10:22 AM

Ah, I see...

Although I didn't like A Room with a View, but I need it as I am up grading all best Picture noms to blu, is it on Blu? What about The Remains of the Day?

I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#22 of 28 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• PipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts
  • LocationValley Glen, CA

Posted June 28 2013 - 11:20 AM

Ah, I see...

Although I didn't like A Room with a View, but I need it as I am up grading all best Picture noms to blu, is it on Blu? What about The Remains of the Day?

BBC released a Blu-ray of A Room with a View in 2007. It is OOP  but available if one looks hard for it.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#23 of 28 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Advanced Member

• 5,332 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted June 28 2013 - 11:28 AM

Amazon.co.uk has a region free edition of A Room With A View in stock now...

#24 of 28 Noach Kowalski

Noach Kowalski

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted June 28 2013 - 11:32 AM

What about The Remains of the Day?

It's coming to Blu-ray on October 7th in UK from Sony. http://www.amazon.co...ag=bluraycom-21

#25 of 28 Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 02:59 AM

What about The Remains of the Day?

That is still owned by Sony. A limited number of their productions are still owned by the majors - besides this title, MGM hasTHE WILD PARTY, Miramax has MR. AND MRS. BRIDGE, Disney has JEFFERSON IN PARIS, and Lionsgate has THE GOLDEN BOWL. Those will likely stay with those studios for now.

"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#26 of 28 Will Krupp

Will Krupp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 06:13 AM

Got my order in for Maurice.  I already have Howards End.

Wait...you ordered MAURICE on blu-ray or dvd?  I didn't think it was ever released on blu-ray.  You mean DVD right?

Edited by Will Krupp, July 01 2013 - 06:13 AM.

#27 of 28 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Advanced Member

• 5,332 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted July 01 2013 - 06:15 AM

Yes, Maurice was on DVD.  I don't think it's available on blu-ray, not even in the U.K.

#28 of 28 Mark-P

Mark-P

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted July 01 2013 - 11:41 AM

Well obviously now we won't ever get Maurice on BD from Criterion, but our best hope is from the UK by Film 4, who put out A Room with a View region-free on Blu and currently have Maurice only on DVD.

Edited by Mark-P, July 01 2013 - 11:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users