What's new

Amazon Sold 2,500 Xbox One and PS4 Pre-Orders Per Minute Last Week (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
The gaming business appears to be just fine. You wouldn't know it from the declining figures posted by The NPD Group time and again, but many gamers have grown stingy with their spending because they're waiting on next generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony.

According to a press release Amazon's been emailing the media, the Amazon Video Games store had its biggest pre-order week of all time thanks to the launch of the aforementioned consoles. At the "peak of demand" a week ago, Amazon was processing more than 2,500 XBox One and PS4 consoles per minute!

"The E3 week pre-orders of the two wildly-anticipated gaming consoles brought a year-over-year increase in orders of more than 4,000 percent, compared to consoles ordered during E3 week last year," Amazon said. "Day one pre-orders for the two consoles was nearly two times that of all video game sales on black Friday last year."

At present, the XBox One and PS4 remain the top two selling items in Amazon Video Games, with the Xbox One having leapfrogged its rival after Microsoft reversed course on its DRM policy. Maybe I was wrong about the demise of the game console?Are you planning to pre-order or otherwise purchase a next generation console? If so, which one?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I will probably get one, but not for a while yet. If the PS4 had PS3 compatibility, I might pre-order one, since I think my PS3 might be dying, but no dice.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The PS3 is backward compatible with PS1 games(although that has never been much of a selling point for the system) So if the PS4 can be 100% backward with all PS2 games I'll be happy(have about 150 hardly play them at all anymore).

Buying systems at launch is never.....ever a good idea. If history tells us anything its that the first run of nearly every system from Sony or Microsoft(Nintendo gets a pass) has been very problematic. First run PS1...crap! Original Xbox with the Thompson drive was a fiasco(thank goodness for the Phillips drive much later in its life) PS2 had a tendency to stop playing certain discs after much usage, although the slims are fine even if they run hot.

My PS3 is fine but I didn't buy in until 2009 when most problems with it were fixed. Two of my friends that owned it at launch didn't fare as well. 360 however was a different story. Bought my first one in 2006, and replaced 3 of them with the Red Ring of Death. 3!!!!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My launch PS1 and my PS2 (which I think was an original launch version but don't recall 100%) never failed me. My 60GB PS3 eventually YLoDed, though.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I bought a launch day PS3. It is still running. I bought an XBOX360 and it RROD'd within the year. The replacement worked fine, but I hardly ever use it. The next gen I buy will be the PS4. Why the hell would I spend 499 dollars on a box that uses DDR3 and has a drive that cannot be upgraded by the user, when I can spend 399 dollars on a box with DDR5 RAM and drive that I can replace when the need arrives?

I was hoping that the PS4 would crush the XBOX1, but as usual XBOX fanbois will slurp down any shit that MicroSoft spoons out to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks