Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Last of Us

Playstation

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 of 33 Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter

• 1,636 posts

Posted February 23 2014 - 06:37 AM

Great DLC!

My only gripe is that for $15, it's a tad short. Overall, I had a very positive experience with it.

#22 of 33 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,609 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted April 17 2014 - 11:48 AM

I guarantee it.

http://www.gameinfor...campaign=buffer

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#23 of 33 Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,047 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted April 17 2014 - 12:09 PM

I don't know about a guarantee. Pretty vague comment in that link if you ask me;

"The discount talk came after a lengthy post on the PlayStation Blog, which outlined the next DLC, Grounded Mode. A commenter asked about a potential discount, which led to the following response: "We’re looking into the business model for all this and will post about this once we have input from all regions," said Naughty Dog creative strategist Eric Monacelli."

Doesn't sound very encouraging. Regardless, I'm picking it up. ;)
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#24 of 33 Ruly2

Ruly2

Second Unit

• 362 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 12:20 PM

Amazon.com says the PS4 version of THE LAST OF US arrives on JUNE 20TH

#25 of 33 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,375 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 18 2014 - 11:36 AM

By the time I get around to this, it'll be in the PS4 $10 bin and I will have a PS4 because my PS3 will have died and no longer be replaceable. . .

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#26 of 33 hypnotoad8128

hypnotoad8128

Extra

• 18 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 23 2014 - 11:51 PM

For mine, The Last Of Us was a classic Naughty Dog experience. Story came first and the game play complemented it perfectly. The opening level left me speechless at it's conclusion and the rest of the game had me gripped. I'm seriously considering buying the PS4 remastered version.

#27 of 33 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,609 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted June 24 2014 - 07:05 AM

Apparently my guarantee is gonna burn me!

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#28 of 33 LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted June 27 2014 - 01:00 AM

I'd be really surprised if they did, but it would be nice if for a nominal fee, all you needed was your Last of Us PS3 game disc in the PS4's disc drive in order to play the PS4 version.

This made sense at launch to get people buying and playing a game like Call of Duty Ghost several weeks before the next generation hardware launched or to get people that were expecting or at least hoping for a next gen console for Christmas to not hold off on buying one of the big Fall multiplatform releases for their PS3 or 360.

But all they'd be doing here is creating goodwill. Unless they think few that played this on the PS3 would be willing to double dip at $40 or whatever this will be, I'm not sure that goodwill alone is enough to get them to do this. 

#29 of 33 Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,047 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted June 27 2014 - 05:00 AM

I don't believe the PS 4 is backwards compatible so it wouldn't read the PS 3 disc.

$39.99 with my Best Buy discount so I'm ready. Still the best game I ever played.
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#30 of 33 Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,235 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 07:58 AM

I don't believe the PS 4 is backwards compatible so it wouldn't read the PS 3 disc.

While the PS4 cannot actually play PS3 games, it does recognize that a certain games disc is in the drive. 

This has already been used on a few games, where if you 'prove' you have the PS3 game by putting it in the disc drive, then you are eligible to pay like $10 to download the PS4 version of the game.

• LeoA likes this
-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#31 of 33 Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,101 posts

Posted June 30 2014 - 05:15 PM

That's actually not quite how it worked.  I believe you needed to use a one-time use code (like an online pass) in order to get the PS4 upgraded version.

#32 of 33 LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted June 30 2014 - 07:50 PM

You still need the PS3 disc in the drive for verification. Sony didn't want you buying a $60 PS3 game, using the code on your PS4, and then trading in the PS3 disc. 

#33 of 33 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,375 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 01 2014 - 06:31 AM

Yes, as long as the PS4 can read a blu-ray, it can read a PS3 disc. It just doesn't run the game code.

On a related note, PS3 editions of SingStar can play songs off PS2 SingStar discs on a non-backward-compatible PS3.

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users