Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WAY WE WERE/ OLIVER! / GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER?/ TOOTSIE BDs 7.99 Euros

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 880 posts

Posted June 21 2013 - 08:13 AM

I just ordered OLIVER! /WAY WE WERE/ CHINA SYNDROME Blu Rays for 7.99 euros each at Amazon.it    The is much cheaper than the Amazon.de price of 13 euros.81X-tB6J13L._SL1500_.jpg 81X-tB6J13L._SL1500_.jpg  The covers for OLIVER and WAY WE WERE are nicer.  

I already have GWCTD? and TOOTSIE.  They look and sound great and have all the features from previous DVD editions.

It's flabbergasting to me that these wonderful films are available at a low cost without "limited editions".   For us in the US we wait for 5 months a pay a premium price for a limited edition, why?

Twilight Time is terrific and I love their releases but I don't understand why Sony ( which I believe is behind this decision) seems to be price gauging the US public.

Edited by Ken Koc, June 21 2013 - 08:13 AM.

Ken

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,914 posts

Posted June 22 2013 - 12:36 AM

It's flabbergasting to me that these wonderful films are available at a low cost without "limited editions".   For us in the US we wait for 5 months a pay a premium price for a limited edition, why?

Twilight Time is terrific and I love their releases but I don't understand why Sony (which I believe is behind this decision) seems to be price gauging the US public.

We don't know that Sony is "price gauging the US public."  For all we know, Sony may be offering these titles to European companies at the same price they are to Twilight Time. Twilight Time have their titles for only three years so they have to make their money back more quickly. That might explain the difference.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,577 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 22 2013 - 10:34 AM

For just one title, once you figure in the shipping from Italy to the US, it's still cheaper to order it from Germany. 14,66 Euros for OLIVER from Germany as opposed to 17,03 from Italy.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 880 posts

Posted June 25 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yes you're correct.  I work for the airlines and get the Blu Ray on layovers....and was not thinking about the shipping charges.

Ken

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 880 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 07:52 AM

OLIVER looks terrible!!  What a disappointment !

Ken

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann

Supporting Actor

• 583 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 10:03 AM

Boy, maybe I'm missing something because I've just watched my German OLIVER! BD and it looks fantastic to me through my set up, Oppo to a Samsung LED HDTV. Or perhaps I'm just using the Universal abortion of SPARTACUS to gauge REALLY dreadful unwatchable transfers.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,466 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted July 03 2013 - 02:08 PM

Will be spinning my newly arrived German Tootsie and The China Syndrome blus this weekend!   :rock:  :banana:

Edited by JohnMor, July 03 2013 - 02:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users