What's new

Superman 2, The Lester Cut (1 Viewer)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Tried searching for info on this film, but without success. Does anyone know if the original Superman 2, directed by Richard Lester was ever released on BD, and if it was, where it can be ordered?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I think it's on the Anthology...I have no idea if it was ever released as a standalone.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It was issued as part of the Superman Anthology. It, so far, has not been released on its own.The Anthology is about $110 on Amazon. There are two Region free versions on Amazon.co.uk - the Anthology for about $85, and a five film collection for about $45.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Superman II is indeed part of the Superman Anthology Blu-ray set and is only available as part of that package.

Package includes:

Superman: The Movie (Theatrical Cut, with commentary by Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler)
Superman: The Movie (Donner Cut, with commentary by Richard Donner and Tom Mankiewicz)
Superman II (Theatrical Cut, with commentary by Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler)
Superman II (Donner Reconstruction, with commentary by Richard Donner and Tom Mankiewicz)
Superman III (Theatrical Cut, with commentary by Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler)
Superman IV (Theatrical Cut, with commentary and official apology for the movie by Mark Rosenthal)
Superman Returns

There's also a bunch of extras including documentaries, featurettes, deleted scenes from various of the movies, cartoons, serials and a production diary for Superman Returns.

The Blu-ray Anthology was notable for being the first place that viewers could see the deleted "Return to Krypton" opening for Superman Returns.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
That release is just the Donner Reconstruction. Which I'm delighted they finally released in 06, but which is not the theatrical cut.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate it. Not sure if I wanna go the Anthology route, since I really dont want all the other movies, but it might be my only choice.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
They might release it as a stand-alone when the new movie hits video.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Only the films were remastered to bluray in the anthology right? the cartoons and actual good stuff was left as SD?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I order the Anthology from Amazon UK for around $36 shipped about six months ago or so.

Cinescott

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I purchased the UK version of the Anthology, which is identical to the US version except for labeling, for about $35 shipped. That was a couple months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks