What's new

Ten Commandments: Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray Combo) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
51yKJUMXHTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
...and at this point there is no information as to anything new that is being included here (as if it really matters).

I am wondering if this is simply a re-issue of the Gift Set previously released.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I understand these reissues are probably meant to get more purchases from those that haven't bought these titles beforehand, but it's ridiculous how many of them come each quarter when there are still supplies of the previous release still available to the general public. As we wait for other titles that have never seen the light of day on Blu-ray or in some cases SD DVD.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I *believe* this title may be under Warner Bros.

That would probably be the single reason for the re-release.

Perfect opportunity for the studio to profit with the title in their hands.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ronald Epstein said:
I *believe* this title may be under Warner Bros.

That would probably be the single reason for the re-release.

Perfect opportunity for the studio to profit with the title in their hands.
My problem with that scenario is that Warner should've released another Cecil B. de Mille Paramount religious classic onto BD which is Samson and Delilah which unfortunately received a SD DVD only release just months ago.

BJQ1972

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Barrie Quinn
I think Warner Bros have been selling it on their site for a while, so it just looks like other retailers will finally be stocking it. It is good for me in the UK as Warner Bros won't ship to the UK, and it is cheaper than the Paramount version for, I assume, an identical set.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
This is one of the best produced Blu-Ray sets ever released. Every bit of video content is in full HD and remastered. Even the archival print footage for the 1923 version, which seemed to be from a VHS on the older 3-disc DVD.

If this is simply the original gift set with just a Warner sticker added, this is very much worth getting if you only have the movie-only edition or didn't get it the first run.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
On the bright side, this WB reissue has a lower MSRP that the Paramount set so should be the cheaper one in time. Of course only for those who didn't already buy the Paramount gift set or those that bought the movie only release and now want the full package (namely the silent feature in HD.)

Not interested in this personally as I already own it. How if WB was reissuing Ben Hur with an HD release of the 1925 film...

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Personally, I was hoping that this would be rereleased with friendlier packaging.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
JoeDoakes said:
Personally, I was hoping that this would be rereleased with friendlier packaging.
I ended up buying the 2-disc version later on so I don't have to get out the big box if I just want to watch the movie.

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Gutierrez
Ideally, I'd love if Warner were re-issuing this with additional extras, namely Kevin Brownlow's 2004 documentary Cecil B. DeMille: American Epic, the inclusion of the actual 1966 trailer (the one billed as such on the LD/DVD/Blu-Ray sets is from 1972), the full versions of the newsreels we see in the Making Miracles documentary, and an isolated score.

But I'm sure this is just a re-release of the Paramount set with a brand-new "Distributed by Warner Bros." sticker on the back, so I'll pass for now. I've acquired five versions of The Ten Commandments over the years: the original two-tape VHS, the 3 DVD releases, and this set when Paramount first released it. I don't think I need any more.

Hopefully, Warner will release Samson and Delilah on Blu-Ray for Paramount, and we can get the Brownlow documentary there.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
This is my most treasured boxed set. Perfect video, perfect audio, perfect presentation, perfect extras, and perfect packaging (most creative anyway.) Love every aspect of it, and am truly proud to own it.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I already own this, and it a favorite, but could they not realease a DECENT version of The Greatest Show on Earth? One WITH Bonus features???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks