Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
DVD Reviews

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Quest for the Crystal Mickey

Disney TV Reviews

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   MomOfTwins

MomOfTwins

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted June 17 2013 - 10:53 PM

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Quest for the Crystal Mickey

Mickey is back with another exciting adventure full of friends, this time as adventurer “Kansas City Mickey” on a quest for the mysterious Crystal Mickey.

Posted Image

Studio: Disney

Distributed By: N/A

Video Resolution and Encode: 480P/MPEG-2

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1

Audio: English 2.0 DD, Spanish 2.0 DD, French 2.0 DD

Subtitles: English, Spanish, French

Rating: TV-Y

Run Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes

Package Includes: DVD

Disc Type: DVD-9 (dual layer)

Region: 1

Release Date: 05/07/2013

MSRP: $19.99

The Production Rating: 4/5

The main title story is rich and fun, and the 4 bonus episodes make for wonderful family viewing.Mom's Perspective: So excited to get our copy of this! Get out the cereal bowls, a selection of sugary cereals, some milk and we are SET for an exciting Saturday morning. The DVD does not disappoint --- although perhaps most age appropriate for the 2-6 year old crowd. To be sure, my 7 year old twins enjoyed it very much (it’s MICKEY and gang, after all!), but it was pretty predictable for them. Things I especially liked:
    [*]Music – some fun new songs with an adventure-movie feel to them[*]Contemporary – Mickey uses a cell phone to call Professor Von Drake; the gang wears seat belts and Pete wears a safety vest.[*]Fun for fans - Adult Disney fans may catch on to a reference pointing to Walt, himself! And it's not just Mickey's hat...[/list]Kids’ Perspective (from my seven year old reviewers):
      [*]“It’s a mystery and you get to visit different places in the world which is interesting.”[*]My daughter both liked and warned me about the ending --- that it would not be scary, but it would take my breath away for a moment![/list]What's In the Case: Just the DVD. Although it was advertised that a paper treasure map and stickers were included as bonus, my copy did not come with that. The episodes include:1. Quest for the Crystal Mickey2. Donald of the Desert - Donald and the gang go to the desert to get sand for the clubhouse sandbox.3. Donald the Genie – This one was a favorite: Donald becomes a genie and grants a wish to his each of his friends.4. Goofy's Coconutty Monkey - The gang go on a search with Coco the Monkey.5. Goofy's Giant Adventure - Goofy tries to cure Willie the Giant's upset tummy.

Gooey Fish

Brand New Friend

Video Rating: 4/5 3D Rating: NA

Note: Rather than the typical format and focus on audio and video quality, HTF Kids' Reviews will focus on a title with perspective from both kids and parents.

Audio Rating: 4/5

Note: Rather than the typical format and focus on audio and video quality, HTF Kids' Reviews will focus on a title with perspective from both kids and parents.

Special Features Rating: 0/5

It was advertised that a paper treasure map and stickers were included as bonus, my copy did not come with either.

Overall Rating: 4/5

In Conclusion: Another great addition to the movie collection for kids! Buy it while your kids are 2-5 years old, and it will get several years of watching.

Reviewed By: MomOfTwins

Support HTF when you buy this title:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users