-

Photo
- - - - -

Hearing there is an issue with the new Lavern & Shirley S6 set..half an episode is cut out

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted June 17 2013 - 04:41 PM

Just spotted this in the review forums over at Amazon.com and wanting to know if you guys and gals who own this show are seeing the same thing...Everyone please tune in to disc 2, the Malibu Mansion episode!! The entire middle of the episode has been cut out of the DVD release!

Here is the original post...http://www.amazon.co...eywords=laverns

If this is true, I certainly hope CBS/Paramount will step up to the plate and offer all those who bought this set a replacement disc which contains the full episode of this show in the set and make things right. I just can't stand when these studios utilize half-ass efforts for the mere benefit of a) getting sets out and b) collecting dough for the sake of getting die-hard fans of certain shows off their backs. If you're not going to do it right, then why even bother releasing a crappy version of the set to begin with? Wake up CBS/Paramount as you're getting as bad as Sony and Fox now.

• Ron1973 likes this

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,747 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 17 2013 - 04:54 PM

Sounds like this was a glitch in the pressing plant...

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted June 17 2013 - 04:56 PM

UPDATE: Gord Lacey of TVShowsonDVD.com sent me an e-mail and pinpointed why this is the case..."Looks like the explanation is in the comments for that Amazon review:

"I saw Richard Moll, looking interesting,and then noticed they go right to the
conclusion. Why would they introduce him just for a second? Obviously, something
was missing, so I went to YouTube. His gang appears to sing a song. (I've only
watched for a few seconds.). I bet they didn't get clearance for that song, so
they cut the whole sequence out. It's a total rip-off. A similar thing happened
in an episode of Taxi on DVD. They cut Iggy's songs, yet you can see him playing
the piano and singing them in the closing credits. I wish these companies would
stop doing this. * I just noticed that the DVD says "The Sixth Season", not The
Complete Sixth Season."

So it appears it was cut because of music that was performed."

Thanks to Gord for the explanation.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,028 posts

Posted June 17 2013 - 04:59 PM

You would think after the "Fugitive" experience CBS/Paramount would finally learn their lesson, but Nooooooooo.    They always go for the half-assed route (which is why "The Odd Couple" is the #1 most ruined show on DVD with what they did in the last two seaosns).      Thank God Warner Archive's policy is to wait until *all* music issues are settled.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted June 18 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yep, good ol' CBS.  They can go to hell.  And you wonder why I will never support them.  It was much better when Paramount distributed the series. Yeah they get many series out fast, but it's like fast food...you get what you want quickly but lose a lot of the quality. At least Sony and Fox don't destroy their shows because they're afraid of anything resembling music and lyrics. 

/Now, all three DO need improvement as far as logo preservation...at least Fox kept the MTMs eventually...

Edited by JMFabianoRPL, June 18 2013 - 04:41 PM.

CBS = Constantly Butchering Shows.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,378 posts

Posted June 18 2013 - 04:59 PM

I cannot...believe this.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 749 posts

Posted June 18 2013 - 05:45 PM

Sadly, this is the kind of thing that happens with a "take this or nothing" kind of thing.

Clearly the seasons that don't have the sales to support proper care and handling

of the shows produces inferior sets, and that is a real shame.  

The history of popular television is not being well served by home video.

Like Happy Days without the proper theme music, just crazy stuff.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,648 posts

Posted June 18 2013 - 07:21 PM

Once again in the minority.  I am enjoying this set immensely.   Zany, wonderful show that is a delight to revisit.  My enjoyment of the show outweighs the decision from CBS to cut an episode.  Yes, owning 98% of season 6 is better than owning 0% of season 6.  That is my opinion.

Edited by Bryan^H, June 18 2013 - 07:22 PM.

• Gary OS likes this

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users