Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Premiered last night.

Bill is now something else (who knows)
Sookie is under attack on many fronts;
Jason jumps into the wrong car.

And so on..

Interesting beginning to the season, considering how much I hated last season, we'll have to see where it goes.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A lot of set-ups for the season with the premiere and not much payoff (yet). It's always interesting to see where it goes even if where it goes isn't always enjoyable.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since they had to wrap up last season's cliffhangers and also set up this season, it was an odd episode. I liked seeing Bill as the kind southern gentleman that he was in the first season. It's awesome to see old bastards like Robert Patrick and Rutger Hauer on a show with so many pretty people.

And a moment of silence for the fact that I will no longer get to see Luna naked on a regular basis again.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I enjoyed the previous season, but maybe it benefited from a binge watch vs. a week-by-week viewing.

I was intrigued by what Bill had become by the end of the season, but the sixth season premiere was anti-climactic. I'm sure it will lead somewhere, but whether it's interesting...

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm kinda just going along with it now cause I'm invested in it for 6 years but I really wish they would wrap this up this year

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Read today that it has been renewed for its seventh season.

I'm not invested at all in the Alcide/Sam/kid storyline, but the others have little by little drawn me in and gotten me interested after a very slow start.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The only line I'm interested is the government conspiracy. Even Bill's story is kind of mundane. It looks like it will come down to the last two episodes to prove itself.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
A very good move was streamlining the stories somewhat and having most of the characters be involved with the vamp camp to some degree. Of course, there's still much less interesting satellite stories like Sookie and Warlow (which will obviously work its way into the main story soon), Sam and Alcide (I like both of those characters and actors but so far that story could be edited out of the show and you'd never notice) and the troubles for the human characters.

I'd say that they were making a good move by thinning out the cast a little bit which would cut down on the satellite stories but they still keep adding characters that will probably end up being main cast members if they make it to next year (Willa, Jessica's nice vampire guy and Jason's new 'owner'). Somewhat related, killing off Nora will presumably drive Eric for the rest of the season but killing Terry off just seemed needlessly cruel.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
They gave Terry a good sendoff, but it also seemed like they were trying to make up for lost time with all the flashbacks that bordered on retcon.

I still think this is one of the weaker seasons by far, but then I haven't watched it week-to-week since the second season. I don't know what they are going to do for the finale. Part of me feels like there's not much left for the characters to do, with much of it being set up for the next season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
They gave Terry a good sendoff, but it also seemed like they were trying to make up for lost time with all the flashbacks that bordered on retcon.
Yeah, they did. Eric on the warpath was pretty awesome (especially the ridiculous and horrific... genital mutilation) and the emotion of Terry's funeral made this one of the best episodes of the show in years.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
TravisR said:
Yeah, they did. Eric on the warpath was pretty awesome (especially the ridiculous and horrific... genital mutilation) and the emotion of Terry's funeral made this one of the best episodes of the show in years.
I agree. I really enjoyed the counterpoint of respectful remembrance and horrific vengeance.

But I wanted Sarah Newlin to die a miserable, ghastly death. Maybe next week in the finale? :angry:

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Very unsatisfying season finale. They left it open on Eric.. but....

With him having a lot more film opportunities right now, it may be the way to write him off; that's hard to know.
I disliked that the big things is basically super-hungry Zombie type Vampires.. just blah

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Tara's scene with her mom was both touching and twisted. I'm glad to see her get some resolution to her issues though, as a result of her becoming vampire.The danger created by hep v is interesting. But it's not clear how the virus went from killing vamps to turning them into something else.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
They said it mutated, but it appeared death occurred fairly quickly - a matter of hours - so I'm not sure how the infected blood got spread around. Especially since vamps don't feed on other vamps.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had read one of the regulars was going to go, but I'm not quite sure I was prepared for the one that did. Yes, zombie vampires doesn't seem all that big a deal. Either the sun gets them or wooden bullets. Or does the mutation make those weapons obsolete? I guess we'll find out next summer.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Random thoughts...

I'm not going to be thrilled about losing Eric F**king Northman.

It looks like the Hep V mutated but as Matt mentioned, does this change the infected vampire's vulnerabilities in any manner? Those were some pretty mangy looking vamps approaching the party at Bellefleur's. (Guess we know what Arlene did with Terry's life insurance money.)

I thought Warlow was a prick all season long, so I wasn't surprised at the turn of events although I thought he went down too easy for an entity that had been around for over 5K years.

Jason has been 'servicing' for six months with no reciprocation. Dang.

Happy to see that Willa is still around. I thought she looked incredible at the gathering in that violet dress. One thing about the show, the quality of the writing varies but the women are always hot. :)

- Walter.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I guess "zompires" are a new thing. Buffy Season 9 comic has them as a baddie too, but they came about for other reasons.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I thought these last two episodes were quite good. The cliffhanger wasn't that great (gee, I wonder if they're going to thwart the zompire attack in the first 5 or the first 10 minutes of the season premiere?) but the rest of these episodes was pretty cool and a big step up for this season.

Since we didn't actually see Eric die/completely burn up onscreen, I'd be surprised if he isn't back next year. Maybe it'll be as a vampire ghost or through some kind of reincarnation but I hope that the coolest character on the show wouldn't be killed off by what was essentially an unfortunate accident. If they had to lose Eric because Alexander Skarsgard wanted out, they should have gone the cliché route and had Eric sacrifice himself saving Pam from the vamp camp rather than having him be in the wrong time zone at the wrong time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks