-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Center speaker doesn't fit cabinet, now what?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 gare

gare

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted June 16 2013 - 05:58 AM

Hi all,

I just had new cabinets installed underneath my TV and the center speaker I purchased does not fit.  I wanted to get your recommendations on what I use instead.  I'd rather not cut open the cabinet to fit.

The center speaker I have is a CSiA4.  It is 20 inches wide and my cabinets are 19 3/4 inches wide (with the doors off).  I've tried every angle, and there is no way they will fit.

I am running a 5.1 system in a 16x16 room.  The fronts are bookshelf speakers - Polk RTiA3s and the backs are ceiling mounted RC80Is.  Polk only offers smaller centers in one of their starter lines.

Thoughts?

- Should I purchase another identical bookshelf speaker from Polk and use it as my center?

- Should I use a center from a different company?  (and therefore not have all Polk for my fronts)

- Should I purchase the Polk CSM center?  (I am not sure if this is good enough to match my bookshelf speakers as the specs are a little less)

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

-Gary

#2 of 2 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,252 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted June 16 2013 - 06:33 AM

Best option is to mount it to the TV. Yes there are "center speaker TV mounts".

Or buy an A3. Where would you put it? Sideways?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users