What's new

Vizio Introduces 80-Inch Smart TV for $4,000 (2 Viewers)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Vizio today introduced its largest HDTV to date, the M801d 80-inch Razor LED Smart TV featuring a new Apps Plus platform and a competitive $4,000 price, the lowest list price for a TV of its size on the market.

The 1080p LCD TV is an edge-lit LED design with “intelligent local dimming,” which is said to improve brightness and black-level performance, and includes eight sets of 3D glasses for passive 3D viewing.

The revamped smart TV platform is said to offer more apps than previous Vizio TVs and is set up for quick connection to the Internet via onboard Wi-Fi or an Ethernet connection. Apps include Netflix, Amazon, Instant Video, M-GO, VUDU, HuluPlus, YouTube, Pandora, and Facebook.

Part of Vizio’s design-focused M-Series, the TV sports an ultra-thin bezel and includes a Wi-Fi-enabled universal remote control with backlighting.

The TV is available at vizio.com Best Buy, Costco, Amazon, Sam’s Club, and Walmart.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm looking get this set. Some good talk on it over at avs. Costco has a $200 instant rebate good until today and of course they give a two year warranty and offer another 3 years for another $100.Goi g to replace my Mits 73831, which still works but it's time to upgrade while I can. This Vizio is 3D which my 7 year old dlp is not.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I went to Costco and was going to get it but the box wouldn't fit in our car so I used the Costco app and ordered it. Was $3699 after a $200 rebate.THe tax was$280. We just moved from near Delaware that has no sales tax, ugh. Costco includes an extra year on warranty and you can Add another hear for only $100Alo bought full motion wall mount was $125 before a $50 instant rebate. In 10-15 days I get to see 3D for the first time at home. Woo hoo.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I saw this at Sam's Club yesterday and was mighty impressed with its size and the picture that was being displayed. The only room in my house that would hold this would be my living room (which rarely gets used anyway), and I'd have to completely reconfigure my home theater if I ever took things from my den to the living room. But it certainly gave me pause.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
schan1269 said:
Those DLP still claim a reasonable resale.
$39.96 When I was a salesman a few years ago we sold Mits DLP's. I never sold one. Great price for a large set but the picture looks terrible compared to LCD.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
DLP worse than LCD?Since when?Let me guess...picture quality is solely based on brightness...Mits 82 was comparable...however, find one. That and it isn't flat.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
More good news the rebate jumped to$400 today so I guess I have to call Costco today.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I don't know. What's the advantage?
Larger screen size, less expensive, immersive theater experience. BUT you need to have a dark or reasonably dark room with a projector. If you like to watch with lights on, buy a TV.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Mine will be delivered Tuesday. I have my Mits on Craigslist. The other news is that I just found out my Denon 3808 doesn't do 3D pass through.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks