Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Johnny Carson DVD Set and Sam Kinison

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted December 29 2001 - 03:56 PM

Maybe I'm being dense or briefly fell asleep, which wouldn't be the first time, but I didn't see the Sam Kinison segment on the Johnny Carson DVD set. This segment was on the LD - it's one of my favorites - and it's the only segment that I recall that is missing. Nor is Sam Kinison in the performer listings on the disc or case. Am I correct? Was he on the tapes? And I was just about to sell my LD. No way now - I just might sell the dvds.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,331 posts

Posted December 30 2001 - 02:27 AM

Something else I did not see on the DVD set that was on the LD set.... Johnny Carson finding (I think) a broken pen or mug on his desk. Finds out that Don Rickles was hosting the night before and he was the one that broke it. Johnny then goes across the hall to the set of CPO SHARKEY and begins to humorously scold Rickles. Did I miss this on the DVD set?

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,919 posts

Posted December 30 2001 - 11:45 AM

Ron, I remember seeing this on some of his anniversary shows. I believe the broken item was a cigarette case. A very funny scene where Don Rickles was speechless when Johnny entered the set to the taping of his show.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users