Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Home Theater OR Computer Speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   gwonders

gwonders

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 12 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hi Everyone!

My Problem:

My 8 year old Denon AVR-1602 5.1 Receiver has just died on me. The receiver turns off by itself after seconds of being on. I did some troubleshooting and narrowed it down to the hardware and don't believe it is worth repairing such an old receiver when the cost of a new one would be the same or cheaper.

My Current Setup:

Two Sony SS-MF-400H Tower Speakers, 12" Sony SA-WM500 Subwoofer, all were connected to my Denon AVR-1602 reciever. 42" Dynex LCD HDTV, Samsung BluRay player, xbox 360 elite and HTPC (laptop). All use HDMI except the laptop is DVI to HDMI. My HTPC is used 80% of the time. I recently moved to an apartment where the living room spans 20'x12'.

My Alternatives:

1. Hook up my computer speakers (Klipsch ProMedia 2.1). Since the laptop doesn't have HDMI output this will require me to split the sound between the HTPC and the TV. I am currently doing this and notice a lot of static when I have both plugged in and therefore manually plug in/out an aux cord from the tv (headphone jack) to the Klipsch multimedia port when I need to listen to the Xbox or BluRay player.

2. Buy a new receiver.

3. All my equipment is dated by new receiver and speakers.

I'm leaning towards a 2.0 or 2.1 setup due to my small living room and plan on living in an apartment for the next 4 to 5 years. I also live upstairs and don't really need a lot of bass to annoy my neighbors.

What's your suggestions? Do you have other alternatives? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by gwonders, June 12 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   mccambley

mccambley

Supporting Actor

• 635 posts

Posted June 12 2013 - 05:37 PM

Factory restored equipment 

http://www.accessories4less.com/

Maybe you can get a good deal.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted June 13 2013 - 04:03 AM

Yes I 2nd the accessories for less. they are Authorised for the brands they sell. I bought my Marantz from there years ago and it has been flawless in its performance and such a good deal I get it for less then half it's original price ;)
"IF the Facts don't Fit the Theory Change the Facts"    Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users