-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Envivio Presents Cloud/Connected TV

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

• 1,951 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted June 11 2013 - 09:19 PM

Envivio is presenting its solutions for personalized TV on any screen. The company is demonstrating a connected TV experience with HD video quality and low bandwidth requirements. The software-based approach is designed to enable cloud TV, reduce infrastructure investments, and facilitate upgrades to HEVC (H.265) encoding and 4K Ultra HD TV.  My neighbor works for MS and is on the MPEG committee and in a conversation I had with him a couple days ago stated that H.265 is a huge leap forward in compression technology.

Also on display will be Envivio’s solution for TV Anytime, for time-shifted TV, network DVR, catch-up, start-over and ad insertion on any screen. Envivio’s compression and video processing solutions will also be featured as part of Sequencia‘s private cloud demonstration.  It will definitely be interesting to see how DVR in the cloud works.

Kevin Collins
To View My HD Collection Click Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users