Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 of 114 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• PipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted September 10 2013 - 09:17 AM

Maybe some day, the edited footage will be found laying in a Paramount vault but I can't see any reason to think that they've kept edited footage for decades of these movies when, at the time they were made, there was absolutely no reason to do so.

They had the footage to restore From Beyond as one example which is also an eighties movie, so i would hope that footage is still there waiting to be restored at some point when they deem it financially viable, could be a very long wait but i live in hope, if it never happens i'd be happy for a proper 3D edition of part 3.

So there is no 35mm film footage available for Jason Goes To Hell in it's unrated cut, it's crazy the way these studio's operate, it's short term thinking, none of them ever considered the future and how technology would evolve, no excuse for the nineties when the tech was clearly getting better and better and HD was on the future horizon, maybe if it was the seventies i'd excuse them.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#102 of 114 grottoboy

grottoboy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 06:47 AM

Full review of Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection here...

http://www.dvdactive...collection.html

• Bryan^H likes this

#103 of 114 Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• PipPipPip
  • 9,520 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted September 11 2013 - 07:21 AM

So as expected, it's a repack dumping ground of old discs. I'm going to hold off until this hits a dirt cheap price.

My guess is they held off on the uncut version of Jason Goes to Hell and the re-do of F13-3D in order to repack all this again in a new set. It's not like Warner's don't revisit product again and again and Friday the 13th has probably been as consistent a seller as The Exorcist..

My wallet cries me to sleep!

This post kills threads!

#104 of 114 Tommy R

Tommy R

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 07:30 AM

You know, I was planning on picking this up, being a big F13 fan, but I think I'm gonna pass, at least right now. I'm not usually too picky about whatever supplements are put on a release, but considering the amount of older extras that are not included here, it's just not cool. Also would've liked JGTH to be the unrated. If I ever come across it dirt cheap, I'll get it, but I'm not paying 100 bucks for this set as it is.

#105 of 114 moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted September 11 2013 - 08:39 AM

I'm gonna pass and keep my dvds for now.

• ahollis likes this

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

#106 of 114 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 10:04 AM

Full review of Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection here...

http://www.dvdactive...collection.html

I'm really torn on this.  It sucks that all the special features are repeats, but at the same time I want the remaining films on Blu(especially 6,7, and 10).

I guess if I can find it cheap enough somewhere. 

By the way Matt, Your profile pic is the best.

Shockwaves is one of my favorite horror films.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#107 of 114 RolandL

RolandL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted September 11 2013 - 10:10 AM

I might have been interested if Friday the 13th Part 3 was in Blu-ray 3D.

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#108 of 114 TravisR

TravisR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 20,741 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 11 2013 - 10:10 AM

I'm really torn on this.  It sucks that all the special features are repeats, but at the same time I want the remaining films on Blu(especially 6,7, and 10).

I guess if I can find it cheap enough somewhere.

It seems pretty likely that they'll eventually release the discs individually so that'll be cheaper than buying this set.

Edited by TravisR, September 11 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#109 of 114 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 10:24 AM

Yeah, my SD set will be fine for now. 

• moviebuff75 likes this

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#110 of 114 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 12:15 PM

Never mind

Edited by cineMANIAC, September 11 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#111 of 114 TravisR

TravisR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 20,741 posts

Posted September 24 2013 - 10:18 AM

Since I've got lots of free time on my hands, I've gone through the entire Blu-ray set and here's what isn't ported over from all previous releases:

The individual releases from the late 90's and early 2000's:

Friday The 13th (1980)- theatrical cut of the movie

Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday- unrated cut of the movie, commentary by Adam Marcus and Dean Lorey

Freddy Vs. Jason- two articles from Fangoria, On Location: Springwood Revisited featurette*, over 300 storyboards, over 100 photos and production art, easter egg with pre-viz sequences

The 2004 box set:

Friday The 13th (1980)- the "semi-uncut" version of the movie**

Friday The 13th Part III- commentary by Peter Bracke, Richard Brooker, Dana Kimmell, Paul Kratka and Larry Zerner

Friday The 13th Part VII- The New Blood- commentary by John Carl Buechler and Kane Hodder

2009 deluxe editions

Everything is ported over.

Unfortunately, Warners dropped the original audio mixes for Parts 4 to 9 and they only have DTS-HD MA audio on the Blu-ray set.

* The "On Location: Springwood Revisited" on DVD is a montage of behind the scenes footage but on both the individual Blu-ray release and the box set, it is replaced by a different featurette made for the Starz channel (though it still uses the same "On Location" title for some reason).

** The 2004 box set had an oddball version of the first movie that had some (but not all) of the uncut footage edited back in.

#112 of 114 Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,073 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted September 24 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm sticking with my 2009 editions that were just put in a very cheap box set a year or two ago.  I wonder why that commentary for part three pretty much vanished after that original release. 

Thanks for going through the release and giving the updates.

Edited by Michael Elliott, September 24 2013 - 05:10 PM.

• TravisR likes this

#113 of 114 TravisR

TravisR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 20,741 posts

Posted September 24 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'm sticking with my 2009 editions that were just put in a very cheap box set a year or two ago.  I wonder why that commentary for part three pretty much vanished after that original release.

I'd guess that Paramount (who was in charge of the first 3 on Blu-ray) either didn't care or since the disc already had the 2-D and 3-D versions on it, they thought space was an issue. What's weird is that Warners did port the 2004 box set's commentaries over for Jason Lives and Jason Takes Manhattan but still left off the one for The New Blood.

#114 of 114 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• PipPipPip
  • 6,842 posts
  • LocationValley Glen, CA

Posted September 26 2013 - 04:01 PM

They might have lost the rights to the commentary. It happens from time to time.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users