Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Crestron Brings Home Automation to Samsung Smart TVs

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

• 2,058 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted June 10 2013 - 07:33 PM

One of my good friends from when I was doing Windows Media Center, Julie Jacobson, just wrote the following article regarding Crestron doing a partnering deal with Samsung...

If you hate looking down at your tablet or complicated remote to control your lights, thermostats, motorized shades, and A/V gear, then a Samsung Smart TV with a Crestron home automation app might be just the ticket.

Crestron is releasing the new app soon – at least before CEDIA Expo 2013 in September.

The collaboration is a little unusual for Crestron, which is famous for home-growing its own products and control platforms.

Like most major home control vendors, Crestron has offered several TV on-screen displays (OSD) over the years, but many times they have been over-engineered for simple home-control tasks, or they have usurped the entire television screen, meaning you might miss just as much TV action using an OSD than looking down to find the right button a touchscreen.

All major TV and media-box brands utilize some sort of app environment for their products. Why start with Samsung?

“We have looked at other Smart TV environments,” Pavlik says, “but felt Samsung offered the best integration for us at this time. As we talked to a lot of our dealers, Samsung came to the top of pretty much every poll.”

Maybe Adam will be getting a Samsung soon?

Kevin Collins
To View My HD Collection Click Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users