What's new

first home theater build (1 Viewer)

Righteouslyalive

Auditioning
Real Name
Oscar Dalmasi
I intend on building my first home theater. I've done some research and want to make sure I'm choosing some ideal products.
To start, I have a rectangular living room 16 x 11. About 8ft between the couch and a wall mounted 55 in.

I don't have any particular budget as I'm buying this piece by piece. [wifes rules, No digging into savings plan etc} but I've noticed I don't need super top of the line stuff. Not an audiophile at all. Just want something that makes my movies and occasional music sound good.

I found an open box Denon 1913 for $341 that I'm thinking about buying. The second zone is important as she wants music in the kitchen but that's down the line. Only issue is that its missing the remote. I'm buying a harmony touch anyway so I figured I didn't need it anyway.

Second, I was looking at Polk Audio owm3's for my rears and Owm5's for the fronts. I know these are discontinued but my options are limited because the need to be white to match the living room. Another option would be the Polk Audio TL series. An opinion on both would be great.

Haven't narrowed a center channel or subwoofer yet so any suggestions that match would be great as well.
This forum is amazing and has taught me so much. Thank you for any help.

Righteouslyalive

Auditioning
Real Name
Oscar Dalmasi
Ok thanks. I'll def check some of those out when I get home tonight. Are the speakers/reciever I chose a good match??

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Welcome to the forum Oscar. I would check out Axiom speakers, they have an amazing assortment of finishes and according to reviews theyre great performers. Dont skimp on the sub budget if at all possible, its a critical component to a home theater experience.

Righteouslyalive

Auditioning
Real Name
Oscar Dalmasi

Righteouslyalive

Auditioning
Real Name
Oscar Dalmasi
Type A said:
Welcome to the forum Oscar. I would check out Axiom speakers, they have an amazing assortment of finishes and according to reviews theyre great performers. Dont skimp on the sub budget if at all possible, its a critical component to a home theater experience.
Thank you for the welcome. Its a great place to learn so much. I looked into the Axiom speakers but it looks to be a bit too pricy for me considering its my first. Living in an apt I don't think that level is necessary until we buy our house. (5+ years)
And yeah I've read how important the sub is to the whole package. After I get the receiver/speakers I'm going to get the sub but based on my preliminary search, I'm leaning toward a BIC F12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks