What's new

Sony E3 Press Conference, 6PM Monday, 6/10 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Sony has their E3 Press conference set for 6PM Monday.. let the speculation begin! They've officially said 40 titles will be shown or detailed.
Games we know for sure will be shown (and maybe playable): Destiny (Bungie), DriversClub (Evolution), The Evil Within (Tango Gameworks) Infamous: Second Son (SUcker Punch), The Last of Us (Naughty Dog)

There is now rumor of an updated EverQuest exclusive to PS4.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1952233/sonys_e3_2013_lineup_leaked_with_ps4_ps3_games.html
Sony's E3 2013 should be a great one. Alongside Microsoft showing off a number of next-gen games, Sony will be on hand to sing the praise of the PS4 and, presumably, all its yet to be revealed games.
The E3 Insider website seems to have leaked a number of these games that Sony will have available during E3 2013 and though the site has since been updated, the cached version can still be found.
Here's the games Sony is expected to have available at E3 2013:

[*]Beyond: Two Souls
[*]DriveClub
[*]EverQuest Next
[*]Gran Turismo 6
[*]Infamous: Second Son
[*]Invizimals: The Alliance
[*]Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
[*]Killzone: Mercenary
[*]Killzone: Shadow Fall
[*]Knack
[*]PlanetSide 2
[*]Puppeteer
[*]Tearaway
[*]The Last Guardian
[*]The Last Of Us
[*]Until Dawn
[*]Warrior’s Lair
[*]Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler
[/list]
Most of these we know about and should probably expect to see at the show, with interesting additions from EverQuest Next, Planetside 2 and The Last Guardian.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I am trying to get into this event. Regardless, I'll be covering E3 for HTF all week, posting the latest news and a complete wrap-up at the end of the week.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have to say, I'm a little disappointed by the console design. It's like the Xbox One but a little more of an attempt at being unique. Not bad, just not great, whereas I think the One is kind of bad.

In terms of games (they're at the Watch_Dogs demo right now) I like that they're really saying "We have every kind of thing you could possibly want." MS was pushing "MGS5 is no longer a PS exclusive" while Sony is pushing "look at all these exclusives we have." Definitely a better/more diverse lineup thus far. And having indie devs play their games on stage was great.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Indies make a difference. PixelJunk Monsters was one of my first, most loved ps3 games. These demos are taking too long, but they get the point across.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That video was good for a chuckle. Any pics of the console? And $399? Say good night, DeadBoX. Hard to believe, but MS managed to make all of the same mistakes for DBoX1 that SONY committed when they launched PS3; although, PS3 in the long run turned out to be the better value for the money. I won't say the same for DBoX1, nothing they integrated into that machine is worth any price, let alone 500 bucks.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Saw a couple of pics of the system on the Amazon link provided by Sam. Kind of a conservative, boring look but still better than the MS design. Both units look like they will integrate easier into a home entertainment environment without standing out too much.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
XBOX fans are using the XBOX forum and referring to this as "The Red E3" in likeness to "The Red Wedding".. it's mayday over there..

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
At times I have had a pretty low opinion of SONY and some of their practices. In this case, though, I have to say they learned something from their PS3 launch debacle and were locked and loaded for bear. They focused on games, not whether you could turn your television on and off with voice commands. They avoided the DRM pitfall and they brought the console in at the preferred price for gaming systems. I also like that on the Amazon link I could actually see what the specs for the PS4 were, everything except the HDD size. The XBOX1 specs were totally vague.

SONY really delivered a one/two punch to MS's gut with their presentation.

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
Edwin-S said:
At times I have had a pretty low opinion of SONY and some of their practices. In this case, though, I have to say they learned something from their PS3 launch debacle and were locked and loaded for bear. They focused on games, not whether you could turn your television on and off with voice commands. They avoided the DRM pitfall and they brought the console in at the preferred price for gaming systems. I also like that on the Amazon link I could actually see what the specs for the PS4 were, everything except the HDD size. The XBOX1 specs were totally vague.

SONY really delivered a one/two punch to MS's gut with their presentation.
There is a real contrast to their philosophies it seems at this point. Sony seems to be saying we're here for gamers and we support developers, this is what we've heard you want, and we're going to give it to you, and MS is saying this is what we say you want, and your going to like it because you have no choice in the matter. I'm not saying Sony is an altruistic company and MS is evil, but boy if Sony didn't seize their opportunity and absolutely obliterate MS in the process. Sony FTW.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I was at the show last night, and I have to say that the PS4 has won the next-gen console contest by not only beating Microsoft on its entry-level price point ($399 vs $499), but also putting to rest the used game controversy that Microsoft avoided mentioning earlier in the day. Jack Tretton's speech on used games brought the crowd just short of a standing ovation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks