What's new

Aliens among us? (1 Viewer)

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
Richard Travale said:
That's a pretty interesting read. Nothing that we haven't heard before, but still interesting when it comes from a fairly prominent politician.
Well that's what got me interested. I usually immediately dismiss these reports as rantings by quacks, but Canada's ex-defence minister is pretty weighty. I also thought maybe as he's quite old he's beginning to lose his marbles, but upon watching the link and listening to him, he seems to be still all there. It's a concept I've never given much thought to TBH... but maybe will be a little more open minded going forward.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
sean1976 said:
It's a concept I've never given much thought to TBH... but maybe will be a little more open minded going forward.
Why? It's just like Richard said - nothing we haven't heard before. Why is it suddenly more believable when a politician says it? Unless he has and offers proof, it has just as much credibility as some internet blogger or forums poster... :) And global warming?! I haven't watched the video, but is he saying that aliens are causing global warming to take us out, or just that global warming should be our priority?

While I love a good conspiracy story, especially when it concerns aliens, until someone offers up something that can be examined, I'm going to file it under the same category as all the emails I get about making my member longer and how some prince overseas wants to give me money.....

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
KevinGress said:
Why? It's just like Richard said - nothing we haven't heard before. Why is it suddenly more believable when a politician says it? Unless he has and offers proof, it has just as much credibility as some internet blogger or forums poster... :) And global warming?! I haven't watched the video, but is he saying that aliens are causing global warming to take us out, or just that global warming should be our priority?

While I love a good conspiracy story, especially when it concerns aliens, until someone offers up something that can be examined, I'm going to file it under the same category as all the emails I get about making my member longer and how some prince overseas wants to give me money.....
Man, if a prince from overseas wants to give you money you should go for it! Lucky Bugger! ;)

Afiger

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
Fascinating, thanks for sharing. I don't know if I want to trust it though. I mean, honestly, if our governments were working with extraterrestials I don't think they would allow anything like this to be posted, or if it were posted I think they would go to great lengths to make it seem like a joke. It would be very interesting to see something like this come out though, but I think it might cause hysteria amongst man.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
- A shadowy "cabal" comprised of "the Council on Foreign Relations, the Bilderbergers, and The Trilateral Commission, the international banking cartel, the oil cartel, members of various intelligence organizations, and select members of the military junta" control world affairs and are scheming to create "one world government."
This is all standard conspiracy thinking. Having it come from a former Defense Minister means nothing. It's like saying "aHA! Thomas Edison believed in ghosts and psychic phenomena!" So what? A given claim doesn't gain credibility simply because it's made by an "authority figure". They can be just as whacko as anyone else.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
RobertR said:
A given claim doesn't gain credibility simply because it's made by an "authority figure". They can be just as whacko as anyone else.
As in Pierre Salinger and the TWA 800 crash. He made a complete fool out of himself.

sean1976

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean H
RobertR said:
This is all standard conspiracy thinking. Having it come from a former Defense Minister means nothing. It's like saying "aHA! Thomas Edison believed in ghosts and psychic phenomena!" So what? A given claim doesn't gain credibility simply because it's made by an "authority figure". They can be just as whacko as anyone else.
Of course this is true, but from watching the video - he basically dismissed the idea himself as quackery before doing research on his own. This leads me to believe he is somewhat level headed. Maybe he just watched one to many X files reruns, who knows? .. The truth is out there :) .. It did give me pause though, hearing it from our ex defence minister and not some clandestine website run buy some guy with tinfoil on his head.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
sean1976 said:
Well that's what got me interested. I usually immediately dismiss these reports as rantings by quacks, but Canada's ex-defence minister is pretty weighty.
I am firm believer in never dismissing anyone just because the say something you don't agree with it. However, if you read up on this guy, I am confident you will find that dismissing what he says is a smart move.

-Keith

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
sean1976 said:
It did give me pause though, hearing it from our ex defence minister and not some clandestine website run buy some guy with tinfoil on his head.
The point is that an "ex defense minister" must provide proof of these allegations, just like anyone else. His "belief" in these things means nothing per se.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks