What's new

Predictions For Next Weeks September Release Announcement (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
As I did last month, I wanted to get everyone's take on CBS's announcement of their September releases. If past trending continues, the announcement should come on or around Tuesday the 11th. Here are my own predictions:

Rawhide - Season 7 (Based on previous spacing of seasons, this is the most predictable choice.)

Since the spacing between Bonanza, Gunsmoke, and Dynasty would be closer than in the past, I would guess that these are doubtful releases for September.

The good news then becomes, if they continue their pattern of about 3 releases per month (which is not guarenteed), that should open the door for some stalled series to resume. I personally feel that Love Boat is the most likely culprit. Let's face facts. Why would they remaster 7 seasons if they didn't eventually plan on doing something with them?

Wildcards IMO - Happy Days, Beverly Hillbillies, Barnaby Jones. I have no good reason on any of these. Just gut feeling that at least one of them will turn up. If not in September, sometime soon.

Why do you guys think?

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I have all the Love Boat sets that have been put out so far and want to see more seasons released,but I don't think it'll be one of the titles announced for September.The pattern seems to be the last week of January,first week of August. What about the final season of Mork & Mindy? It's a shame that show hasn't been completed yet. It's hard to believe that,of the Garry Marshall big three,Laverne & Shirley is released up to season 6 when it contains almost as much music as Happy Days,while Mork & Mindy has practically no music.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Stephen Wight said:
I have all the Love Boat sets that have been put out so far and want to see more seasons released,but I don't think it'll be one of the titles announced for September.The pattern seems to be the last week of January,first week of August. What about the final season of Mork & Mindy? It's a shame that show has been completed yet. It's hard to believe that,of the Garry Marshall big three,Laverne & Shirley is released up to season 6 when it contains almost as much music as Happy Days,while Mork & Mindy has practically no music.
Isn't there a stray Beatles tune in the final season of Mork and Mindy? I remember reading there was. I don't know if that would be the holdup or not, though.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Frank Soyke said:
I personally feel that Love Boat is the most likely culprit. Let's face facts. Why would they remaster 7 seasons if they didn't eventually plan on doing something with them?

Why do you guys think?
The remastering of Love Boat was most likely done for syndication.

It would be great if CBS resumes the DVD sets with Season 3, but my guess
is that some kind of a complete set (maybe in two volumes of 5 seasons) is
something being considered. There are still 8 seasons and a TV movie to
come, 16 volumes in the current two-part season sets. Could take a long time
to get the whole thing.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Of those mentioned make it Barnaby Jones, please. I think it's a likely candidate for release eventually in any case, being as popular and well-remembered as it still is, just can't figure out their disc format intentions for this one.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
derosa said:
The remastering of Love Boat was most likely done for syndication.

It would be great if CBS resumes the DVD sets with Season 3, but my guess
is that some kind of a complete set (maybe in two volumes of 5 seasons) is
something being considered. There are still 8 seasons and a TV movie to
come, 16 volumes in the current two-part season sets. Could take a long time
to get the whole thing.
I'm not sure I understand your point, Where is Love Boat being syndicated these days?

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Frank Soyke said:
I'm not sure I understand your point, Where is Love Boat being syndicated these days?
I have no idea. The point I made was that the first 7 seasons of Love Boat
were remastered, starting in 2001, and are listed in the CBS syndication bible.
It's not a new thing that Love Boat was remastered, it's not an indication that
the series is about to come out on dvd.

http://syndicationbible.cbstvd.com/whnjs.htm

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
^_^ That's true, unfortunately. Look at Cannon, all that was done for this show was to keep it in a vault as required (one that cracked with a draft even, by the look of it). But no remastering also means there's every reason to keep one's hope up.

EdG

Stunt Coordinator
Over at the CBS digital website the latest news at the bottom of the page says remastering is being done on The Honeymooners and the Beverly Hillbillies so maybe more TBH will be coming soon.

http://www.cbsdvfx.com/#/cccc

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
EdG that makes me wonder if the "Honeymooners" (The Classc 39 shows only) will be the next T.V. show to be on Blu-Ray. Over on another thread, I had predicted this show to be the next Blu-Ray release, because of it's popularity and due to the fact there are not as many episodes/seasons. I also am predicting "I Love Lucy" from CBS, however there are more seasons than "The Honeymooners", so I don't know if that would make it for this year. In any case, I hope it will be true for both shows in the very near future (to be on Blu-Ray). :D

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
I'm in Hog Heaven seeing The Beverly Hillbillies being advertised as being "restored." Now if they'll get on with that and those folks from Hooterville.....

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Most of the CBS shows I want have been completed (Vega$, Streets, Lucy Show) so I am really only waiting on Petticoat, Beverly and the last 2 seasons of Laverne. If they aren't going to use the original score for My Three Sons, I will stick with my alternate set.

EdG

Stunt Coordinator
mrz7 said:
EdG that makes me wonder if the "Honeymooners" (The Classc 39 shows only) will be the next T.V. show to be on Blu-Ray. Over on another thread, I had predicted this show to be the next Blu-Ray release, because of it's popularity and due to the fact there are not as many episodes/seasons. I also am predicting "I Love Lucy" from CBS, however there are more seasons than "The Honeymooners", so I don't know if that would make it for this year. In any case, I hope it will be true for both shows in the very near future (to be on Blu-Ray). :D
Ron I wouldn't be surprised at all to see CBS release both Lucy and Honeymooners on Blu-ray along with 1 or 2 of their more popular shows later on. In the meantime, hopefully CBS will be announcing more of Jed and all his kin on DVD.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EdG said:
Ron I wouldn't be surprised at all to see CBS release both Lucy and Honeymooners on Blu-ray along with 1 or 2 of their more popular shows later on. In the meantime, hopefully CBS will be announcing more of Jed and all his kin on DVD.
Well, the crystal ball did say there would likely be more Hillbillies this year, so here's to hoping!!!

Reactions: EdG

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Ron1973 said:
Isn't there a stray Beatles tune in the final season of Mork and Mindy? I remember reading there was. I don't know if that would be the holdup or not, though.
From what I heard,Mork says a line from a Beatles song. No music is played.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Well, there you go. Hillbillies... Nope, Love Boat.... Nope, Barnaby Jones...Nope. Instead 2 current dramas that just ended their seasons last month.

I can hardly control my enthusiasm. LOL

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Frank Soyke said:
Well, there you go. Hillbillies... Nope, Love Boat.... Nope, Barnaby Jones...Nope. Instead 2 current dramas that just ended their seasons last month.

I can hardly control my enthusiasm. LOL
I'm excited that it seems we're finally getting to the color years. But really? No Petticoat Junction or Barnaby? No Love Boat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks